Police search more addresses in Newham and Dagenham in connection with London Bridge terror attacks
- Credit: PA
Two more addresses – one in Newham and another in Dagenham - are being investigated by police in connection with the London Bridge terror attack.
Officers from the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command unit entered the addresses at around 4.15am this morning.
A number of people have been detained and are at present being spoken to.
Residents reported hearing “loud flash bangs and gunshots”.
Twitter user BatemanLDN said: “It woke me up along with the whole street. Extremely loud bangs followed by gunshot bangs.
You may also want to watch:
“All ok - very shaken residents nearby though. All quietened down now.”
Simon Tucker wrote: “Heard this in the Dagenham area at around 4:15 am. Started with loud explosion sound. Followed by about 20 shots, Some sounded distant.”
- 1 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 2 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 5 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 6 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 7 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 8 Newham housing association offers homes to Hackney Council with £10m price tag
- 9 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 10 Stratford dance and music hub gets £700k boost
An eyewitness reported seeing two men being led away from a house that looked seemingly derelict close to the A13 in Dagenham.
Searches at both addresses are ongoing.
On Sunday, June 4, 12 people were arrested at the Elizabeth Fry flats, King’s Road, Barking at around 7am in connection with the incident.
Part of Barking Road was also cordoned off as armed police raided a flat in East Ham on Sunday, above a betting shop opposite the town hall.
At 10.08pm on Saturday emergency services received reports that a white van had struck pedestrians on London Bridge.
The van then drove to Borough Market where the three men left the vehicle and stabbed a number of people.
The suspects were wearing hoax suicide vests.
Armed officers confronted the three suspects who were shot and killed in Borough Market.
Seven people have died, in addition to the three attackers.
A further 48 people were taken to hospital, some of whom are believed to be suffering serious and life threatening injuries.
Police have confirmed seven women aged 38, 49, 60, 19, 27, 24 and 53 and four men, aged 52, 55, 27, 28, were arrested at two addresses in Barking.
A man aged 55 has since been released without charge.
Four properties in total are being searched.
Assistant commissioner, Mark Rowley said: “We would like to thank the media for their continued support, restraint and understanding in not speculating as to who the suspects are in this fast moving investigation.
“I would like to assure them and the public that this is directly assisting the progression of the investigation and confirm we will release the identities of the three men directly responsible for the attacks [on Saturday] as soon as operationally possible.”