Police search for six Hammers fans after officers are attacked at Spurs v West Ham match at Wembley Stadium
- Credit: MPS
Images of six men police want to trace have been released today following violence when officers were attacked during a Spurs v West Ham match at Wembley in October.
The men in the images are all believed to be West Ham fans.
Several officers were trying to separate two groups of rival fans who had been attempting to kick through gates in the stadium when they were attacked.
No-one was badly injured in the disorder on October 25, but detectives have issued a warning today to those involved.
“Violence towards police officers will not be tolerated,” Det Sgt Matt Simpson said.
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone involved in the disorder will be dealt with once identified and put before the courts.”
Police are appealing for anyone who can identify any of those they want to trace to call 020-8246 9386 with the image reference number or anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800-555111 (crimestoppers-uk.org).
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 92 arrests as police respond to community concerns about crime
- 5 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 6 Stephen Timms 'cannot forgive attacker without meeting face-to-face'
- 7 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 8 Newham to 'bring back the broom' as recycling gets boost
- 9 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber