Police search for man who attacked women outside Stratford church
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a woman was struck on the neck by a man outside a church in Stratford.
The woman, 29, was waiting to cross the road at a crossing outside St John’s church in the Broadway when the man approached without warning and assaulted her.
The man fled the scene by running into the graveyard of the church.
Two people came to her aid and made sure the lady was alright before carring on their way.
The victim received hospital treatment for a neck injury after the assault, which took place at8pm on November 26.
Police said they are looking for a man who wore a grey hat, a dark cardigan and black trousers or jeans.
Detective constable Neil Green of Forest Gate police station said: “I would like to speak to anyone who stopped and helped the lady.
- 1 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 2 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 3 Fire breaks out in Canning Town house
- 4 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 5 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 6 Police investigate fire at derelict Forest Gate church
- 7 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 8 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 9 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 10 Fornals: West Ham will fight for three points
“If anyone knows this couple or witnessed the offence, could they please make contact.”
Anyone with information should contact Forest Gate CID on 101 quoting CRIS 5331477/13 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.