Police search for man who attacked women outside Stratford church
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a woman was struck on the neck by a man outside a church in Stratford.
The woman, 29, was waiting to cross the road at a crossing outside St John’s church in the Broadway when the man approached without warning and assaulted her.
The man fled the scene by running into the graveyard of the church.
Two people came to her aid and made sure the lady was alright before carring on their way.
The victim received hospital treatment for a neck injury after the assault, which took place at8pm on November 26.
You may also want to watch:
Police said they are looking for a man who wore a grey hat, a dark cardigan and black trousers or jeans.
Detective constable Neil Green of Forest Gate police station said: “I would like to speak to anyone who stopped and helped the lady.
- 1 Restored Victorian warehouse in Stratford to become dance and music hub
- 2 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 3 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 4 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 5 Three teenagers arrested after boy, 16, found stabbed in East Village
- 6 Why musician swapped working with pop stars to teaching Newham pupils
- 7 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 8 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 9 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 10 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
“If anyone knows this couple or witnessed the offence, could they please make contact.”
Anyone with information should contact Forest Gate CID on 101 quoting CRIS 5331477/13 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.