Police search for man who attacked women outside Stratford church
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a woman was struck on the neck by a man outside a church in Stratford.
The woman, 29, was waiting to cross the road at a crossing outside St John’s church in the Broadway when the man approached without warning and assaulted her.
The man fled the scene by running into the graveyard of the church.
Two people came to her aid and made sure the lady was alright before carring on their way.
The victim received hospital treatment for a neck injury after the assault, which took place at8pm on November 26.
Police said they are looking for a man who wore a grey hat, a dark cardigan and black trousers or jeans.
Detective constable Neil Green of Forest Gate police station said: “I would like to speak to anyone who stopped and helped the lady.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 3 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 4 E-fit released after woman sexually assaulted in Newham
- 5 Manor Park house fire leaves adults and child in hospital
- 6 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
- 7 London City Airport bid to ease Saturday flight ban sparks anger
- 8 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 9 Architects chosen to lead 1,750 home Canning Town masterplan design
- 10 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
“If anyone knows this couple or witnessed the offence, could they please make contact.”
Anyone with information should contact Forest Gate CID on 101 quoting CRIS 5331477/13 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.