Police search for man who attacked women outside Stratford church
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a woman was struck on the neck by a man outside a church in Stratford.
The woman, 29, was waiting to cross the road at a crossing outside St John’s church in the Broadway when the man approached without warning and assaulted her.
The man fled the scene by running into the graveyard of the church.
Two people came to her aid and made sure the lady was alright before carring on their way.
The victim received hospital treatment for a neck injury after the assault, which took place at8pm on November 26.
You may also want to watch:
Police said they are looking for a man who wore a grey hat, a dark cardigan and black trousers or jeans.
Detective constable Neil Green of Forest Gate police station said: “I would like to speak to anyone who stopped and helped the lady.
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 4 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 8 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 9 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 10 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
“If anyone knows this couple or witnessed the offence, could they please make contact.”
Anyone with information should contact Forest Gate CID on 101 quoting CRIS 5331477/13 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.