Police search for man who attacked women outside Stratford church
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a woman was struck on the neck by a man outside a church in Stratford.
The woman, 29, was waiting to cross the road at a crossing outside St John’s church in the Broadway when the man approached without warning and assaulted her.
The man fled the scene by running into the graveyard of the church.
Two people came to her aid and made sure the lady was alright before carring on their way.
The victim received hospital treatment for a neck injury after the assault, which took place at8pm on November 26.
You may also want to watch:
Police said they are looking for a man who wore a grey hat, a dark cardigan and black trousers or jeans.
Detective constable Neil Green of Forest Gate police station said: “I would like to speak to anyone who stopped and helped the lady.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 5 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
“If anyone knows this couple or witnessed the offence, could they please make contact.”
Anyone with information should contact Forest Gate CID on 101 quoting CRIS 5331477/13 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.