Police search for 4x4 seen fleeing murder scene of Corey Junior Davis, 14, in Forest Gate
- Credit: Archant
Police are renewing their appeal for information following the “tragic” murder of a 14-year-old boy in Forest Gate on Monday - and they are particularly interested in information about a 4x4 seen fleeing the scene.
Corey Junior Davis, 14, died in hospital yesterday after being shot in the head. A 17-year-old was shot in the leg in the same incident in Moore Walk at 3.10pm but remains in a stable condition.
Police are particularly interested in any sightings of a large, light coloured 4x4 vehicle seen leaving the scene immediately after the shooting.
Detective chief inspector Dave Whellams says police are “working tirelessly” to piece together the events leading up to Corey’s murder.
He said: “I am specifically appealing for information about a large, light coloured 4x4 type vehicle that was seen leaving the scene immediately after the shooting. Did you see this vehicle in and around the area of Moore Walk shortly after 3pm on Monday, 4 September?
You may also want to watch:
“I would also ask any member of the public who have footage or images of the incident or the events surrounding the incident to retain the footage and contact police.”
Corey’s family are receiving support from specially trained family liaison officers.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 5 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
DCI Whellams added: “This is a very tragic incident - a teenage boy’s life has been taken in an extreme act of violence leaving his family utterly devastated.
“We are pursuing all lines of enquiry to catch the person responsible for Corey’s murder and work continues to establish the motive behind the shooting.
“Our thoughts are with Corey’s family at this very difficult time.”
Anyone with information or who witnessed the shooting can contact officers on the dedicated incident room number 020 8345 3775, on 101 or make contact via Twitter @MetCC.
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.