Police respond to ‘axe and knife’ Stratford incident
- Credit: Archant
Police are now speaking to potential witnesses of an ‘axe and knife’ stand-off thanks to the intervention of the Recorder.
It comes after witness Mitchell Gunn said police had not contacted him since he made a 999 call about the alleged road rage incident in West Road yesterday afternoon.
The Recorder contacted police earlier today to enquire why no further action had been taken despite Mr Gunn telling emergency services he had pictures of the stand-off and wished to be contacted by police.
A spokeswoman said: “The Metropolitan Police Service are aware of photos that are in circulation and are in the process of contacting witnesses to this incident.
“This includes the photographer concerned to gain access to the images.
You may also want to watch:
“This incident is being investigated by officers from the Stratford Neighbourhoods Policing Team. Anyone with information should call police on 101.
Mitchell Gunn emailed the Recorder, saying: “I truly believe this is because of the power of social media.”
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover