Police renew appeal to find man connected to Canning Town sex attacks
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating three linked sexual assaults in Canning Town have renewed appeals to help trace a man they want to speak to.
Officers from the Metropolitan Police’s Sapphire Command have released more images of a man they want to come forward.
The most recent incident happened on November 9 2012 when a 26-year-old woman was followed by an Asian man as she was returning to her home in Seagull Lane, at 00.50 .
She was sexually assaulted as she waited for the lift. She confronted the male who told her to be quiet and was sexually assaulted for a second time. She eventually escaped into the lift.
The suspect is described as 5ft 7ins and of medium build. He was wearing a black jacket.
You may also want to watch:
The other two incidents happened in 2011 and were six months apart.
The first incident happened on June 22 2011 at about 11:45pm, when a 51-year-old woman was sexuall assaulted as she returning home to her apartment block in Seagull Lane from the direction of Royal Victoria Dock DLR Station.
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 241-home development at Royal Albert Wharf marks 12-storey milestone
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
The suspect is described as about 5ft 9ins. He was smartly dressed wearing a black jacket and white shirt.
The second incident happened on October 14 2011 at about 8.30pm, a 22-year-old woman was returning home to her apartment block in Western Gateway, from the direction of the Royal Victoria Dock DLR Station.
An Asian man is seen on CCTV from the concierge area of the apartments to ‘tailgate’ behind her into the lobby area. He followed the woman into a lift, pressing the button for the sixth floor. When the lift arrived at the sixth floor the man did not get out. He stared at the woman, making her feel very uncomfortable; he then sexually assaulted her. The man told her he would kill her if she said anything to anyone.
He sexually assaulted her a second time on another floor.
The suspect ran off in the direction of the Royal Victoria Dock DLR station.
He is described as a dark-skinned Asian man of large build. He was wearing a navy-blue fleece and dark jeans.
Detectives are releasing further images of the man they want to speak to: he is of Asian appearance and is wearing dark coloured clothing and is captured in the foreground.
In the images there is a second man of Asian appearance who is wearing the grey top with a yellow and red logo is believed to be an associate of the first man - officers want to trace him as a potential witness.
These images show both men at about 8.35pm on October 14 2011.
Further images have been issued of the man inside an apartment block at approx 8.45pm on October 14 2011 and at about 11.40pm on June 22 2011 at the DLR station Royal Victoria Dock.
DC Tina Dilworth of the Met’s Sapphire Command said: “The man responsible for these assaults must be stopped before he goes on to commit another offence. If you recognize either man shown in these images, please contact my team immediately.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Sapphire team on 020 8345 9862 or to stay anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.