Police renew appeal after murder of man in Plaistow Park
- Credit: PA WIRE
Detectives investigating the murder of a man in Newham are renewing their appeals for information and witnesses.
The 27-year-old man was pronounced dead in the early hours of Monday after being taken to an East London hospital with stab wounds.
He has not been formally identified but his next of kin have been informed. A post-mortem examination held at East Ham Mortuary on Tuesday gave the cause of death as stab wounds to the abdomen. An inquest is expected to open soon.
A 16-year-old boy was arrested on Tuesday on suspicion of murder. He was taken to an east London police station and has since been bailed to a date in mid-April pending further enquires.
This follows the arrest of a 16-year-old boy on Saturday on suspicion of attempted murder. He has been bailed pending further enquires to a date in mid-April.
Det Chief Insp Dave Whellams said: “I am appealing for anyone who was in the vicinity of Plaistow Park on the afternoon of January 29 and saw a fight involving two black males.
“During this fight the victim received injuries which have since proven to be fatal.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 5 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 6 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 7 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 8 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 9 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
- 10 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
“The suspect then ran from the park into Hollybush Street.”
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.