Police release CCTV stills for armed robberies
THESE are images of two men police want to question in connection with four armed robberies in East Ham
Although all the robberies were committed at two Ladbrokes bookmakers in High Street North and High Street South between January 4 and 25 this year, the images have only now been released.
The first was on January 4, just after 9pm, when a man entered the branch in High Street North and claimed he had a firearm before making off with cash.
The same office was hit on January 12 at approximately 8.50pm. A man entered and demanded access to the other side of the counter. He then took money from the tills and safe and made off with the cash haul in a black rucksack. A staff member believed the suspect was holding a gun.
On January 18 at about 10:30am, two men entered the same premises where they threatened staff and forced them to the floor before demanding money and making off with money.
You may also want to watch:
On January 25 two men entered Ladbrokes in High Street South at around 12.25pm. One remained by the door, while the other suggested he had a firearm and demanded cash. The pair made off with a quantity of money.
The first suspect is described as black, aged in his 20s, around 5ft 10inches to 6ft tall, wearing a black hooded coat, black scarf covering the lower part of his face and a dark coloured baseball cap with a distinctive motif on the front.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
The second suspect is described as being of dual heritage, aged around 5ft 10inches to 6ft tall, wearing a blue coat, worn either with a fur lined hood or a check scarf across the lower part of his face.
Both spoke with London accents.
Investigating officer Detective Constable Nick Pollard of the Metropolitan Police Flying Squad, said: “The men who committed these offences think nothing of threatening violence and using intimidation to influence their demands for cash.
“These incidents terrified people going about their jobs.
“We appeal to anyone with information regarding the identities of the two suspects to call the incident room on (020) 8345 4226 or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”