Police release CCTV stills for armed robberies
THESE are images of two men police want to question in connection with four armed robberies in East Ham
Although all the robberies were committed at two Ladbrokes bookmakers in High Street North and High Street South between January 4 and 25 this year, the images have only now been released.
The first was on January 4, just after 9pm, when a man entered the branch in High Street North and claimed he had a firearm before making off with cash.
The same office was hit on January 12 at approximately 8.50pm. A man entered and demanded access to the other side of the counter. He then took money from the tills and safe and made off with the cash haul in a black rucksack. A staff member believed the suspect was holding a gun.
On January 18 at about 10:30am, two men entered the same premises where they threatened staff and forced them to the floor before demanding money and making off with money.
On January 25 two men entered Ladbrokes in High Street South at around 12.25pm. One remained by the door, while the other suggested he had a firearm and demanded cash. The pair made off with a quantity of money.
The first suspect is described as black, aged in his 20s, around 5ft 10inches to 6ft tall, wearing a black hooded coat, black scarf covering the lower part of his face and a dark coloured baseball cap with a distinctive motif on the front.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 4 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 5 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 6 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 7 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 8 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 9 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
- 10 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
The second suspect is described as being of dual heritage, aged around 5ft 10inches to 6ft tall, wearing a blue coat, worn either with a fur lined hood or a check scarf across the lower part of his face.
Both spoke with London accents.
Investigating officer Detective Constable Nick Pollard of the Metropolitan Police Flying Squad, said: “The men who committed these offences think nothing of threatening violence and using intimidation to influence their demands for cash.
“These incidents terrified people going about their jobs.
“We appeal to anyone with information regarding the identities of the two suspects to call the incident room on (020) 8345 4226 or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”