Police probe launched after attempted abduction in East Ham
- Credit: Google
A woman was reportedly grabbed by the hair and almost forced into a car in an attempted abduction in East Ham.
The 26-year-old victim was reportedly attacked three times in 11 days — all in the same road, the Met Police said.
With no arrests made, Scotland Yard launched an appeal on Tuesday to find two “Asian men” in connection to the incidents.
“We do not know why these men have targeted the victim, but clearly [their] behaviour is of concern,” said Det Con Isha Javed of Newham CID.
“I would like to hear from anyone who was in the area of Eastbourne Road at the time of these offences and who may have information to assist our investigation.”
The woman was walking along Eastbourne Road between 8pm and 8.30pm on Saturday, March 3 when a man approached her.
He grabbed her by the arm before leaving in the direction of Brighton Road.
- 1 'Suspicious' Forest Gate construction fire under investigation
- 2 Schools and staff across east London up for national awards
- 3 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 4 Romford West Ham fan accused of harassing Jewish man on flight
- 5 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
- 6 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
- 7 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 8 'Staffing crisis' impacts hospice's end of life care service
- 9 Third straight win takes Newham top of the table
- 10 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
A week later, at about 3.30pm, the same suspect grasped her around the throat before pushing her.
Four days later, at 10pm on Wednesday, March 14, a second man grabbed her by the hair and tried to force her into a Volkswagen car.
The first suspect, aged about 30, was allegedly in the vehicle, which was either a VW Polo or Golf.
He is described as 5ft 9ins tall, of stocky build with a short beard. He was wearing a black hoodie.
The second man, in his late 20s, was 5ft 6ins, of large build with black hair; who wore a bomber jacket and glasses.
Police ask witnesses to call 020 8217 5820 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.