Police probe launched after attempted abduction in East Ham
- Credit: Google
A woman was reportedly grabbed by the hair and almost forced into a car in an attempted abduction in East Ham.
The 26-year-old victim was reportedly attacked three times in 11 days — all in the same road, the Met Police said.
With no arrests made, Scotland Yard launched an appeal on Tuesday to find two “Asian men” in connection to the incidents.
“We do not know why these men have targeted the victim, but clearly [their] behaviour is of concern,” said Det Con Isha Javed of Newham CID.
“I would like to hear from anyone who was in the area of Eastbourne Road at the time of these offences and who may have information to assist our investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
The woman was walking along Eastbourne Road between 8pm and 8.30pm on Saturday, March 3 when a man approached her.
He grabbed her by the arm before leaving in the direction of Brighton Road.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 5 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 8 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 9 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 10 £10.1m grant strategy approved to support businesses as pandemic continues
A week later, at about 3.30pm, the same suspect grasped her around the throat before pushing her.
Four days later, at 10pm on Wednesday, March 14, a second man grabbed her by the hair and tried to force her into a Volkswagen car.
The first suspect, aged about 30, was allegedly in the vehicle, which was either a VW Polo or Golf.
He is described as 5ft 9ins tall, of stocky build with a short beard. He was wearing a black hoodie.
The second man, in his late 20s, was 5ft 6ins, of large build with black hair; who wore a bomber jacket and glasses.
Police ask witnesses to call 020 8217 5820 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.