Teenager arrested in Brentwood over Stratford shooting that has left man fighting for his life
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been arrested after a 21-year-old man was shot in the head in Stratford.
The victim, who remains in critical condition in hospital, was found when officers were called to Romford Road, at the junction with Vicarage Lane on Sunday evening.
This morning an 18-year-old man was arrested at an address in Brentwood, Essex, on suspicion of attempted murder.
He remains in custody at an east London police station.
Investigation lead Det Insp Robert Allen said: “We have now made an arrest in connection with this shooting but I am still appealing to anyone who witnessed this incident to come forward and tell us what they know.
You may also want to watch:
“There is a young man in a life-threatening condition and it is vital we uncover exactly what led to him being shot. I need anyone with information to come forward and speak to police, or Crimestoppers anonymously.”
Police ask anyone with information to call 020 7230 8570 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 10 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money