Teenager arrested in Brentwood over Stratford shooting that has left man fighting for his life
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been arrested after a 21-year-old man was shot in the head in Stratford.
The victim, who remains in critical condition in hospital, was found when officers were called to Romford Road, at the junction with Vicarage Lane on Sunday evening.
This morning an 18-year-old man was arrested at an address in Brentwood, Essex, on suspicion of attempted murder.
He remains in custody at an east London police station.
Investigation lead Det Insp Robert Allen said: “We have now made an arrest in connection with this shooting but I am still appealing to anyone who witnessed this incident to come forward and tell us what they know.
You may also want to watch:
“There is a young man in a life-threatening condition and it is vital we uncover exactly what led to him being shot. I need anyone with information to come forward and speak to police, or Crimestoppers anonymously.”
Police ask anyone with information to call 020 7230 8570 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley