Teenager arrested in Brentwood over Stratford shooting that has left man fighting for his life
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been arrested after a 21-year-old man was shot in the head in Stratford.
The victim, who remains in critical condition in hospital, was found when officers were called to Romford Road, at the junction with Vicarage Lane on Sunday evening.
This morning an 18-year-old man was arrested at an address in Brentwood, Essex, on suspicion of attempted murder.
He remains in custody at an east London police station.
Investigation lead Det Insp Robert Allen said: “We have now made an arrest in connection with this shooting but I am still appealing to anyone who witnessed this incident to come forward and tell us what they know.
You may also want to watch:
“There is a young man in a life-threatening condition and it is vital we uncover exactly what led to him being shot. I need anyone with information to come forward and speak to police, or Crimestoppers anonymously.”
Police ask anyone with information to call 020 7230 8570 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 2 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 3 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 4 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 5 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 8 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 9 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing