Teenager arrested in Brentwood over Stratford shooting that has left man fighting for his life
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been arrested after a 21-year-old man was shot in the head in Stratford.
The victim, who remains in critical condition in hospital, was found when officers were called to Romford Road, at the junction with Vicarage Lane on Sunday evening.
This morning an 18-year-old man was arrested at an address in Brentwood, Essex, on suspicion of attempted murder.
He remains in custody at an east London police station.
Investigation lead Det Insp Robert Allen said: “We have now made an arrest in connection with this shooting but I am still appealing to anyone who witnessed this incident to come forward and tell us what they know.
You may also want to watch:
“There is a young man in a life-threatening condition and it is vital we uncover exactly what led to him being shot. I need anyone with information to come forward and speak to police, or Crimestoppers anonymously.”
Police ask anyone with information to call 020 7230 8570 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted