Police investigate shocking video showing old man knocked to ground in Stratford
- Credit: citizenside.com
A video showing an elderly man being knocked to the ground by a youngster has led to a police investigation.
In the footage, which was widely circulated on Twitter last night, a young man in a hoodie appears to violently kick an old man who is standing behind a bin.
Police believe it was filmed in the area around the Stratford Centre and officers from Newham are investigating.
The attack has been widely condemned by social media users, with people describing it as “disgusting” and “pointless”.
Twitter user @Acts2_38_repent wrote: “God please turn this evil to a blessing for this man. In Jesus [sik] name. Amen.”
@tobi_tobisco wrote: “karma is real. I hope it kicks this guy x100 harder.”
A statement released by the Met said: “Officers will be carrying out enquiries at the suspected location.
- 1 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 2 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 3 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 4 Manor Park blaze caused by the 'accidental ignition of textiles'
- 5 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 6 Woman injured after being hit by electric scooter in East Ham
- 7 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 8 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 9 Manor Park blaze: 100 firefighters get tower block fire under control
- 10 Masked driver found guilty of Ilford murder jailed for 35 years
“At this early stage there has been neither a victim identified, nor a date for the incident and there have been no arrests.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has further information should contact police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.