Police investigate shocking video showing old man knocked to ground in Stratford
- Credit: citizenside.com
A video showing an elderly man being knocked to the ground by a youngster has led to a police investigation.
In the footage, which was widely circulated on Twitter last night, a young man in a hoodie appears to violently kick an old man who is standing behind a bin.
Police believe it was filmed in the area around the Stratford Centre and officers from Newham are investigating.
The attack has been widely condemned by social media users, with people describing it as “disgusting” and “pointless”.
Twitter user @Acts2_38_repent wrote: “God please turn this evil to a blessing for this man. In Jesus [sik] name. Amen.”
You may also want to watch:
@tobi_tobisco wrote: “karma is real. I hope it kicks this guy x100 harder.”
A statement released by the Met said: “Officers will be carrying out enquiries at the suspected location.
- 1 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 2 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 3 Restored Victorian warehouse in Stratford to become dance and music hub
- 4 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 5 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 6 Town hall chief says Newham 'doing everything it can' to ensure polling is 'safe and fair'
- 7 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 8 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 9 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 10 Stratford School Academy pupil helps launch fund in memory of Prince Philip
“At this early stage there has been neither a victim identified, nor a date for the incident and there have been no arrests.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has further information should contact police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.