Police hunting gang behind armed cash-in-transit robbery in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for information to help them catch a gang behind an armed robbery.
A cash-in-transit van was robbed at gunpoint as it was leaving Westfield Stratford City at 2am on September 17.
The guards had just completed their collections from the shopping centre when two cars boxed the van in, and a number of men forced the guards out of the van and into one of the cars.
One of the gang, followed by the two cars, drove the van to Britten Court, in Abbey Lane, Stratford where they stole a number of cash boxes.
The guards were then locked in their van before the gang made off in their cars. The cash boxes were recovered nearby.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call the Flying Squad on 020 8345 4226 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 6 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 7 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 8 Blind protester jailed for plane stunt at London City Aiport
- 9 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 10 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency