Police hunt Stratford Park sex attacker
DETECTIVES are appealing for information and witnesses after a woman was attacked and sexually assaulted in Stratford Park, Stratford on Thursday November 25 as she walked to work.
The victim, a 27-year-old, was attacked at around 7am.
She was able to fight off her attacker by biting his hand. He then ran off towards Stratford.
The suspect is described as black, stocky, approximately 5ft 11ins with hazel eyes and a slight moustache. He was wearing a black hooded top with the hood up.
Detective Inspector Peter Hopkinson of Newham Police Violent Crime Unit, said: ”We urgently need to identify the man responsible for this attack.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is urged to call the Violent Crime Unit on 0300 123 1212 or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking