Police hunt Stratford Park sex attacker
DETECTIVES are appealing for information and witnesses after a woman was attacked and sexually assaulted in Stratford Park, Stratford on Thursday November 25 as she walked to work.
The victim, a 27-year-old, was attacked at around 7am.
She was able to fight off her attacker by biting his hand. He then ran off towards Stratford.
The suspect is described as black, stocky, approximately 5ft 11ins with hazel eyes and a slight moustache. He was wearing a black hooded top with the hood up.
Detective Inspector Peter Hopkinson of Newham Police Violent Crime Unit, said: ”We urgently need to identify the man responsible for this attack.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is urged to call the Violent Crime Unit on 0300 123 1212 or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 3 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 4 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 5 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 6 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 7 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 8 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 9 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 10 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families