Manor Park killing: Police hunting three men over ‘gun and knife’ attack
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting three men they believe were involved in a fatal stabbing and shooting in Manor Park.
Officers have launched a murder investigation after the 22-year-old was found with gunshot and knife wounds in Church Road last night (Monday), shortly before 9.30pm.
He was pronounced dead at the scene and while he has not yet been formally identified, his next of kin have been informed.
Detectives have been carrying out enquiries in the area and Det Insp Alison Cole said: “At this early stage we believe that the victim was approached by three males who inflicted the injuries and fled in the direction of Browning Road.
“A number of people have already spoken with officers and I am grateful for the information they have provided, but there are still pieces of the puzzle surrounding this murder that are missing.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “If you were in the area at the time of the incident and saw or heard anything relating to this senseless loss of life please contact police immediately.
“Did you see the incident take place? Did you see a suspicious vehicle in the area around the time the attack took place?”
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 5 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 6 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 7 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 8 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 9 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
- 10 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
Anyone with information is asked to call Newham police on 101 quoting CAD7566/8APR or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
No arrests have been made.
A Section 60 stop and search order is in place across the whole borough until 1.30pm today.