Manor Park killing: Police hunting three men over ‘gun and knife’ attack
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting three men they believe were involved in a fatal stabbing and shooting in Manor Park.
Officers have launched a murder investigation after the 22-year-old was found with gunshot and knife wounds in Church Road last night (Monday), shortly before 9.30pm.
He was pronounced dead at the scene and while he has not yet been formally identified, his next of kin have been informed.
Detectives have been carrying out enquiries in the area and Det Insp Alison Cole said: “At this early stage we believe that the victim was approached by three males who inflicted the injuries and fled in the direction of Browning Road.
“A number of people have already spoken with officers and I am grateful for the information they have provided, but there are still pieces of the puzzle surrounding this murder that are missing.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “If you were in the area at the time of the incident and saw or heard anything relating to this senseless loss of life please contact police immediately.
“Did you see the incident take place? Did you see a suspicious vehicle in the area around the time the attack took place?”
- 1 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 2 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 3 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 4 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 5 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 6 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 7 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 8 Council accused of lacking empathy over Upton Centre homes plan
- 9 Newham Council is making a difference
- 10 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
Anyone with information is asked to call Newham police on 101 quoting CAD7566/8APR or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
No arrests have been made.
A Section 60 stop and search order is in place across the whole borough until 1.30pm today.