Police find 240 cannabis plants in terraced house in Forest Gate
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A huge cannabis-growing operation was found by police inside a terraced house in Forest Gate on Thursday.
Officers from the Green Street Safer Neighbourhood Team executed a search warrant issued unfer Section 23 of the Misuse of Drugs Act at an address on Ratcliff Road at approximately 5.25pm.
As police entered the mid-terrace property, they found around 240 cannabis plants distributed throughout the three bedrooms in the house and the two downstairs living rooms.
An eyewitness claims they saw a helicopter during the raid and young teens had been seen regularly entering the building.
But no occupants were found on the premises and no arrests have been made at this stage.
Police investigations continue.
- 1 Newham primary schools top national league tables
- 2 Canning Town fire 'involving freezer' prompts safety warnings
- 3 'Strict licensing laws and pandemic to blame for Newham exodus,' letting agent claims
- 4 £1m Newham lottery ticket winner finally claims their jackpot prize
- 5 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 6 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 7 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 8 Report: 'Significant improvement' in Newham's parks
- 9 O's boss Jackett heaps praise on entire side not just Drinan and Smith
- 10 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend