Crowds dispersed over fears of more trouble after boy, 16, stabbed in Maryland
- Credit: Archant
A crowd had to be dispersed after a teenage boy was stabbed on Saturday night.
Police were called to Cruikshank Road in Maryland at 10.19pm after receiving reports of a fight.
When officers arrived they found the 16-year-old suffering from stab wounds.
A Met spokeswoman said: “He was taken to an east London hospital. His injuries are not life-threatening.”
The Met was given permission to impose a dispersal zone in the area with crowds told to move on due to police concerns over more trouble.
You may also want to watch:
The Met spokeswoman said: “There have been no reports of any further incidents and no arrests. The crime scene has now been closed.”
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London