Crowds dispersed over fears of more trouble after boy, 16, stabbed in Maryland
- Credit: Archant
A crowd had to be dispersed after a teenage boy was stabbed on Saturday night.
Police were called to Cruikshank Road in Maryland at 10.19pm after receiving reports of a fight.
When officers arrived they found the 16-year-old suffering from stab wounds.
A Met spokeswoman said: “He was taken to an east London hospital. His injuries are not life-threatening.”
The Met was given permission to impose a dispersal zone in the area with crowds told to move on due to police concerns over more trouble.
The Met spokeswoman said: “There have been no reports of any further incidents and no arrests. The crime scene has now been closed.”
- 1 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 4 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 5 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 6 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 7 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 8 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 9 Late Maupay equaliser holds West Ham to Brighton draw
- 10 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex