Police declare no-go zone in Manor Park to tackle yobs
- Credit: Archant
Police have declared a no-go zone around eight streets in Manor Park to combat yobs following complaints from residents and businesses.
Newham Council and the police have put a dispersal zone in place for nearly a year around the Little Ilford ward.
From 6am on Thursday (Aug 22) to 6am on Monday July 27 2014, Newham police constables (PCs) or community support officers (PCSOs) will be able to tell people deemed to be in a group to either leave immediately or at specific time.
The dispersal order means police can also ban people who do not live nearby from entering the area for up to 24 hours.
The Manor Park dispersal zone includes Rabbits Road, Fourth Avenue, Vernon Avenue, Gloucester Road, Eighth Avenue, Seventh Avenue, Sixth Avenue, and Fifth Avenue.
You may also want to watch:
Similar no-go zones have been enforced in Stratford, East Ham, and Plaistow in the past two years and police say they decided to put one in place in Manor Park following complaints about anti-social behaviour from residents and local businesses.
Do dispersal zones in your area make you feel safer? Write to us at email@example.com, tweet us @NewhamRecorder, or visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Newham.Recorder.
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Sir David Amess remembered as 'loved husband, father, MP and St Bon's boy'
- 7 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 8 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 9 Candle causes Stratford flat fire which saw two people in hospital
- 10 Gallions Reach chef to be judged by Michel Roux Jr as finalist for prestigious title