Police chase leads to firearm recovery in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
A firearm was found in Stratford following an early morning police chase last week, officers said.
At about 3am on Wednesday, a Ford Mondeo failed to stop for officers but following a short pursuit, the car was stopped at Ferns Road, at the junction with Romford Road.
The three occupants tried to flee from the vehicle on foot but two were detained and one was later found in a nearby garden.
A search was made of the immediate area and officers recovered a revolver and a quantity of Class B drugs was also found in the vehicle.
A 25-year-old man from Canning Town and a 25-year-old man from Waltham Forest were arrested on suspicion of possession of Class B drugs.
You may also want to watch:
A 21-year-old man from Dagenham was arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm.
All three suspects were taken to an east London police station and later bailed to a date in mid-August.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 3 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 4 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 7 Hammers 'will keep fighting' says Fornals ahead of derby date
- 8 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 9 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 10 WSL: West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0
Inspector Lewis Hastie, from Newham police, said: “This was an excellent effort by officers from our response team B. They arrested three suspects and took a dangerous firearm off the streets of Newham.”