Police chase leads to firearm recovery in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
A firearm was found in Stratford following an early morning police chase last week, officers said.
At about 3am on Wednesday, a Ford Mondeo failed to stop for officers but following a short pursuit, the car was stopped at Ferns Road, at the junction with Romford Road.
The three occupants tried to flee from the vehicle on foot but two were detained and one was later found in a nearby garden.
A search was made of the immediate area and officers recovered a revolver and a quantity of Class B drugs was also found in the vehicle.
A 25-year-old man from Canning Town and a 25-year-old man from Waltham Forest were arrested on suspicion of possession of Class B drugs.
You may also want to watch:
A 21-year-old man from Dagenham was arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm.
All three suspects were taken to an east London police station and later bailed to a date in mid-August.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex
Inspector Lewis Hastie, from Newham police, said: “This was an excellent effort by officers from our response team B. They arrested three suspects and took a dangerous firearm off the streets of Newham.”