Police chase leads to firearm recovery in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
A firearm was found in Stratford following an early morning police chase last week, officers said.
At about 3am on Wednesday, a Ford Mondeo failed to stop for officers but following a short pursuit, the car was stopped at Ferns Road, at the junction with Romford Road.
The three occupants tried to flee from the vehicle on foot but two were detained and one was later found in a nearby garden.
A search was made of the immediate area and officers recovered a revolver and a quantity of Class B drugs was also found in the vehicle.
A 25-year-old man from Canning Town and a 25-year-old man from Waltham Forest were arrested on suspicion of possession of Class B drugs.
You may also want to watch:
A 21-year-old man from Dagenham was arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm.
All three suspects were taken to an east London police station and later bailed to a date in mid-August.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 4 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 5 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 8 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
Inspector Lewis Hastie, from Newham police, said: “This was an excellent effort by officers from our response team B. They arrested three suspects and took a dangerous firearm off the streets of Newham.”