Police chase leads to firearm recovery in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
A firearm was found in Stratford following an early morning police chase last week, officers said.
At about 3am on Wednesday, a Ford Mondeo failed to stop for officers but following a short pursuit, the car was stopped at Ferns Road, at the junction with Romford Road.
The three occupants tried to flee from the vehicle on foot but two were detained and one was later found in a nearby garden.
A search was made of the immediate area and officers recovered a revolver and a quantity of Class B drugs was also found in the vehicle.
A 25-year-old man from Canning Town and a 25-year-old man from Waltham Forest were arrested on suspicion of possession of Class B drugs.
You may also want to watch:
A 21-year-old man from Dagenham was arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm.
All three suspects were taken to an east London police station and later bailed to a date in mid-August.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
Inspector Lewis Hastie, from Newham police, said: “This was an excellent effort by officers from our response team B. They arrested three suspects and took a dangerous firearm off the streets of Newham.”