Man arrested after police swoop in Canning Town street
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of possessing a gun following a police stop in Canning Town this morning.
The 28-year-old was also arrested on suspicion of breaking the conditions of his release from prison.
Officers stopped a vehicle in Bethell Avenue at about 11.20am after being tipped off that the driver was wanted for GBH.
A Met spokeswoman said: “During the stop a firearm is believed to have been discarded. Enquiries continue to locate and recover the weapon.
“There were no injuries.”
You may also want to watch:
The arrested man remains in an east London police station as enquiries continue.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 4 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 5 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 8 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto