Man arrested after police swoop in Canning Town street
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of possessing a gun following a police stop in Canning Town this morning.
The 28-year-old was also arrested on suspicion of breaking the conditions of his release from prison.
Officers stopped a vehicle in Bethell Avenue at about 11.20am after being tipped off that the driver was wanted for GBH.
A Met spokeswoman said: “During the stop a firearm is believed to have been discarded. Enquiries continue to locate and recover the weapon.
“There were no injuries.”
You may also want to watch:
The arrested man remains in an east London police station as enquiries continue.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 6 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 7 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 8 Protesters target DSEI arms fair at ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of murder after man fatally stabbed
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k