Police appealing for information after man seen abusing 10-week-old puppy
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a man was seen picking up a 10-week-old puppy by its ears and throwing it to the ground in Stratford.
Officers were called to Windmill Lane when a neighbour heard an animal howling and yelping at 1.30 am on Wednesday, November 27.
A man described as Asian, 5ft 6ins, with short black hair, was seen carrying a small brown puppy by the ears before throwing the animal about two metres.
Upon arrival police found an injured puppy who was then rushed to a vet for emergency treatment.
As a result the dog suffered a number of injuries including a badly torn upper-lip and gum, as well as swelling to its head and ears.
A 27-year-old man was arrested and has been bailed until 24 December to an east London police station.
The puppy is currently making a good recovery at a specialist vets.
- 1 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 2 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 3 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 4 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 5 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 6 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 7 Man sentenced for illegal subletting of council home
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 10 Beckton man jailed for role in drugs gang after £2m cannabis plants seizure
Anyone with information should contact Newham detectives on 101 or 020 8217 5855 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.