Police appealing for information after man seen abusing 10-week-old puppy
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a man was seen picking up a 10-week-old puppy by its ears and throwing it to the ground in Stratford.
Officers were called to Windmill Lane when a neighbour heard an animal howling and yelping at 1.30 am on Wednesday, November 27.
A man described as Asian, 5ft 6ins, with short black hair, was seen carrying a small brown puppy by the ears before throwing the animal about two metres.
Upon arrival police found an injured puppy who was then rushed to a vet for emergency treatment.
As a result the dog suffered a number of injuries including a badly torn upper-lip and gum, as well as swelling to its head and ears.
You may also want to watch:
A 27-year-old man was arrested and has been bailed until 24 December to an east London police station.
The puppy is currently making a good recovery at a specialist vets.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 8 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 9 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
Anyone with information should contact Newham detectives on 101 or 020 8217 5855 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.