Police appealing for information after man seen abusing 10-week-old puppy
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a man was seen picking up a 10-week-old puppy by its ears and throwing it to the ground in Stratford.
Officers were called to Windmill Lane when a neighbour heard an animal howling and yelping at 1.30 am on Wednesday, November 27.
A man described as Asian, 5ft 6ins, with short black hair, was seen carrying a small brown puppy by the ears before throwing the animal about two metres.
Upon arrival police found an injured puppy who was then rushed to a vet for emergency treatment.
As a result the dog suffered a number of injuries including a badly torn upper-lip and gum, as well as swelling to its head and ears.
A 27-year-old man was arrested and has been bailed until 24 December to an east London police station.
The puppy is currently making a good recovery at a specialist vets.
- 1 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 2 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 3 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 4 Manor Park blaze caused by the 'accidental ignition of textiles'
- 5 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 6 Woman injured after being hit by electric scooter in East Ham
- 7 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 8 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 9 Manor Park blaze: 100 firefighters get tower block fire under control
- 10 Masked driver found guilty of Ilford murder jailed for 35 years
Anyone with information should contact Newham detectives on 101 or 020 8217 5855 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.