Police appealing for information after man seen abusing 10-week-old puppy
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a man was seen picking up a 10-week-old puppy by its ears and throwing it to the ground in Stratford.
Officers were called to Windmill Lane when a neighbour heard an animal howling and yelping at 1.30 am on Wednesday, November 27.
A man described as Asian, 5ft 6ins, with short black hair, was seen carrying a small brown puppy by the ears before throwing the animal about two metres.
Upon arrival police found an injured puppy who was then rushed to a vet for emergency treatment.
As a result the dog suffered a number of injuries including a badly torn upper-lip and gum, as well as swelling to its head and ears.
You may also want to watch:
A 27-year-old man was arrested and has been bailed until 24 December to an east London police station.
The puppy is currently making a good recovery at a specialist vets.
- 1 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 2 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 3 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 4 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 5 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
Anyone with information should contact Newham detectives on 101 or 020 8217 5855 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.