Police appeal to trace attempted rapist seen near Maryland station
- Credit: Met Police
Detectives have released CCTV images of a man they wish to identify in connection with an attempted rape.
A 26-year-old woman was approached from behind and pushed into an alleyway in Harrow Road, Leytonstone, at around 2.50am on Saturday, June 17.
Police believe she was targeted by a man who followed her for some time before the attack, and that he was seen in the Maryland station area in the early hours of the morning.
The suspect is described as being a a Somali man in his 20s, of very slim build with a high hair line.
He was riding a bicycle with wide white rims and white tyres, with narrow handlebars that are possibly turned up at the end.
Det Insp Keith Ward said: “I am particularly interested in tracing possible witnesses who may have been approached by this suspect.”
Anyone with information is asked to call 020 8217 6454 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 3 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 4 Fire breaks out in Canning Town house
- 5 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 6 Police investigate fire at derelict Forest Gate church
- 7 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 8 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 9 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 10 Fornals: West Ham will fight for three points