Police appeal to trace attempted rapist seen near Maryland station
- Credit: Met Police
Detectives have released CCTV images of a man they wish to identify in connection with an attempted rape.
A 26-year-old woman was approached from behind and pushed into an alleyway in Harrow Road, Leytonstone, at around 2.50am on Saturday, June 17.
Police believe she was targeted by a man who followed her for some time before the attack, and that he was seen in the Maryland station area in the early hours of the morning.
The suspect is described as being a a Somali man in his 20s, of very slim build with a high hair line.
He was riding a bicycle with wide white rims and white tyres, with narrow handlebars that are possibly turned up at the end.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Keith Ward said: “I am particularly interested in tracing possible witnesses who may have been approached by this suspect.”
Anyone with information is asked to call 020 8217 6454 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Lockdown in Newham having a 'positive' effect on Covid-19 case rate
- 6 Covid funding boost for Newham homeless and young people charities
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 West Ham reach Continental Cup last four with win over Durham