Police appeal to trace attempted rapist seen near Maryland station
- Credit: Met Police
Detectives have released CCTV images of a man they wish to identify in connection with an attempted rape.
A 26-year-old woman was approached from behind and pushed into an alleyway in Harrow Road, Leytonstone, at around 2.50am on Saturday, June 17.
Police believe she was targeted by a man who followed her for some time before the attack, and that he was seen in the Maryland station area in the early hours of the morning.
The suspect is described as being a a Somali man in his 20s, of very slim build with a high hair line.
He was riding a bicycle with wide white rims and white tyres, with narrow handlebars that are possibly turned up at the end.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Keith Ward said: “I am particularly interested in tracing possible witnesses who may have been approached by this suspect.”
Anyone with information is asked to call 020 8217 6454 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 4 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 8 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 9 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 10 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled