Police appeal to trace attempted rapist seen near Maryland station
- Credit: Met Police
Detectives have released CCTV images of a man they wish to identify in connection with an attempted rape.
A 26-year-old woman was approached from behind and pushed into an alleyway in Harrow Road, Leytonstone, at around 2.50am on Saturday, June 17.
Police believe she was targeted by a man who followed her for some time before the attack, and that he was seen in the Maryland station area in the early hours of the morning.
The suspect is described as being a a Somali man in his 20s, of very slim build with a high hair line.
He was riding a bicycle with wide white rims and white tyres, with narrow handlebars that are possibly turned up at the end.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Keith Ward said: “I am particularly interested in tracing possible witnesses who may have been approached by this suspect.”
Anyone with information is asked to call 020 8217 6454 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 3 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 4 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 5 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 6 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 7 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 8 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 9 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 10 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families