Police appeal over Plaistow attempted armed robbery
THIS is the CCTV still of a man police would like to trace in connection with an attempted armed robbery in Plaistow,
Police were called to reports of a robbery taking place at the Ladbrokes bookmakers in Barking Road at 3pm on Tuesday, December 21.
A man had entered the premises and demanded cash before threatening staff with a small hand gun.
The staff managed to escape to a secure room at the back of the shop and the man lefty empty handed.
Officers are aware the suspect worked with another man who remained outside to guard the door.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the Flying Squad at Barking on (020) 8345 4254.
Alternatively, to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 3 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 4 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 5 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 6 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 7 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 8 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 9 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 10 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families