Custom House stabbing: Police release car picture in bid to trace killers of David Gomoh
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the death of David Gomoh in Custom House have released a picture of a car they believe was used and abandoned by his killers.
The 24-year-old NHS worker was stabbed in Freemasons Road, near the junction with Kerry Close, at around 10.25pm on Sunday, April 26.
Police say the attack was unprovoked and believe those involved left the scene in a stolen silver Dodge Caliber that was abandoned at about 10.30pm in Lincoln Road, Plaistow, after driving through the no entry sign from Cumberland Road.
This car had been stolen in Dagenham on April 16 and was on cloned plates when it was recovered.
Officers say it it is distinctive as it has a temporary wheel on the front passenger side.
You may also want to watch:
Police want to speak to anyone who was in the area or anyone who remembers seeing this car, whether before or after the attack. No arrests have yet been made.
Anyone who has dash cam footage, or CCTV of the area around where the car was dumped, should contact detectives on 020 8345 3985 or 101, quoting CAD 8371/26APR.
- 1 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org