Police appeal following serious assault on man in Forest Gate
POLICE are appealing for information and witnesses following a serious assault on a man in Forest Gate.
The Met said the 43-year-old suffered shattered eye sockets and cheek bones, a broken jaw and a broken nose after being attacked by a man wielding a plastic road barrier while he was walking down Forest Lane.
Det Con Pounds from the Violent Crime Unit said: “This was a serious and apparently unprovoked attack.
“It is vital that we trace the man responsible as soon as possible and I would urge anyone with information to contact us.”
While police believe there was more than one person involved in the incident, the main suspect is described as a white male with a London accent, between 5 ft eight ins and 5ft 10ins tall, with one to two inches long black hair and clean shaven.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect was wearing a grey hooded zip-up tracksuit with matching bottoms and is believed to be aged between 18 and 20.
Anyone with information about the incident at around 2.30am on Saturday, November 13, should contact the Violent Crime Unit on (020) 7275 4389 or, to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Plans for new West Ham Park playground approved
- 2 Air ambulance lands in East Ham
- 3 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 4 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 5 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 9 West Ham United light up London Stadium for Holocaust Memorial Day 2021
- 10 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map