Police appeal after woman, 20, sexually assaulted on HS1 train
- Credit: British Transport Police
Police want to speak to this man after a woman was sexually assaulted on board a train calling at Stratford station.
The 20-year-old’s attacker allegedly appeared to be drunk and tried to kiss her while holding her hands on the HS1 service.
British Transport Police said he then left the train at Ebbsfleet International.
The woman had joined the Southeastern service at St Pancras, heading towards Dover Priory, at about 9.30pm on August 15.
The man, who was unknown to the victim, reportedly joined the train at the same station and sat opposite her.
He started talking to her before making inappropriate comments and moving to sit next to her.
Yesterday detectives released a CCTV image of a man they think may be able to help their investigation, five months after the incident.
- 1 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 2 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 3 E-fit released after woman sexually assaulted in Newham
- 4 Manor Park house fire leaves adults and child in hospital
- 5 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
- 6 London City Airport bid to ease Saturday flight ban sparks anger
- 7 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 8 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 9 Newham pupils 'celebrate community' by designing large playground mural
- 10 Architects chosen to lead 1,750 home Canning Town masterplan design
If you recognise him, call BTP on 0800 405 040 or text 61016, quoting reference 628 of 15/08/2017.
You can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.