Police appeal after woman, 20, sexually assaulted on HS1 train
- Credit: British Transport Police
Police want to speak to this man after a woman was sexually assaulted on board a train calling at Stratford station.
The 20-year-old’s attacker allegedly appeared to be drunk and tried to kiss her while holding her hands on the HS1 service.
British Transport Police said he then left the train at Ebbsfleet International.
The woman had joined the Southeastern service at St Pancras, heading towards Dover Priory, at about 9.30pm on August 15.
The man, who was unknown to the victim, reportedly joined the train at the same station and sat opposite her.
You may also want to watch:
He started talking to her before making inappropriate comments and moving to sit next to her.
Yesterday detectives released a CCTV image of a man they think may be able to help their investigation, five months after the incident.
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 4 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
- 10 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
If you recognise him, call BTP on 0800 405 040 or text 61016, quoting reference 628 of 15/08/2017.
You can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.