Police appeal after woman, 20, sexually assaulted on HS1 train
- Credit: British Transport Police
Police want to speak to this man after a woman was sexually assaulted on board a train calling at Stratford station.
The 20-year-old’s attacker allegedly appeared to be drunk and tried to kiss her while holding her hands on the HS1 service.
British Transport Police said he then left the train at Ebbsfleet International.
The woman had joined the Southeastern service at St Pancras, heading towards Dover Priory, at about 9.30pm on August 15.
The man, who was unknown to the victim, reportedly joined the train at the same station and sat opposite her.
You may also want to watch:
He started talking to her before making inappropriate comments and moving to sit next to her.
Yesterday detectives released a CCTV image of a man they think may be able to help their investigation, five months after the incident.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 8 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 9 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
- 10 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
If you recognise him, call BTP on 0800 405 040 or text 61016, quoting reference 628 of 15/08/2017.
You can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.