Police appeal after woman, 20, sexually assaulted on HS1 train
- Credit: British Transport Police
Police want to speak to this man after a woman was sexually assaulted on board a train calling at Stratford station.
The 20-year-old’s attacker allegedly appeared to be drunk and tried to kiss her while holding her hands on the HS1 service.
British Transport Police said he then left the train at Ebbsfleet International.
The woman had joined the Southeastern service at St Pancras, heading towards Dover Priory, at about 9.30pm on August 15.
The man, who was unknown to the victim, reportedly joined the train at the same station and sat opposite her.
You may also want to watch:
He started talking to her before making inappropriate comments and moving to sit next to her.
Yesterday detectives released a CCTV image of a man they think may be able to help their investigation, five months after the incident.
- 1 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 2 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 3 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 4 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 5 Parking charges, Covid, unneutered cats and driving into London
- 6 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 7 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 8 Plans for special needs hub at Little Ilford School given green light
- 9 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
- 10 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
If you recognise him, call BTP on 0800 405 040 or text 61016, quoting reference 628 of 15/08/2017.
You can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.