CCTV appeal after girl sexually assaulted on Newham bus
- Credit: Met Police
Police investigating a sexual assault on a Newham bus are appealing for the public’s help to identify a man they wish to speak to.
A girl was reportedly sexually assaulted on a route 241 bus near Freemasons Road in Custom House about 1pm on November 17, 2020.
Det Sgt Ian Beattie of the Roads and Transport Policing Command said: "Maintaining a safe network for those travelling on buses is vital.
“Sexual assaults on buses in London are very rare but when they do happen, we prioritise supporting the victim and catching those responsible.
"The technology available to use is very strong and we encourage anyone who is a victim of witnesses of such offence to contact police so we can work to track down the perpetrator."
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 or tweet @MetCC.
You may also want to watch:
To report information anonymously, call the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 2 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 3 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 4 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 5 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 6 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 7 Newham Council is making a difference
- 8 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 9 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 10 Council accused of lacking empathy over Upton Centre homes plan