Police appeal after man was violently beaten with toaster

Odacilio Moran, pictured right, with partner Tim Morgan on their first holiday after the assault

Odacilio Moran, pictured right, with partner Tim Morgan on their first holiday after the assault - Credit: Odacilio Moran

Police have appealed for help in finding a second suspect after a man was beaten by two thugs with a toaster so violently he almost died.

Kamil Radkiewicz (left) has been jailed for the attack while Norbert Krzysztof Borysiewicz (right) i

Kamil Radkiewicz (left) has been jailed for the attack while Norbert Krzysztof Borysiewicz (right) is sought by police - Credit: Met Police

Odacilio Moran was left with bleeding on the brain, fractured facial bones, a three-inch stab wound to his buttocks and damage to his throat after the late-night assault on November 30, 2014.

His injuries were so severe he had to be placed in a medically-induced coma for 10 days and cannot remember details about the incident, which saw him journey from central London to an East Ham park and back to his then home in south west London.

Kamil Radkiewicz, 28, was jailed for 16-and-a-half years after pleading guilty last year to attempted murder for his part in the attack.

But police are still appealing for information to help find a second man, 26-year-old Norbert Krzysztof Borysiewicz.


You may also want to watch:


Det Con Paul Wright said: “Radkiewicz is an extremely dangerous man and will now be off the streets for a very long time but we still need to know who was with Radkiewicz on the day of the attack and have released a CCTV image of him. If you recognise this man we need to hear from you.”

Venezuelan-born Mr Moran, who lives in Ealing, had only been in the UK for seven weeks before he was violently set upon.

Most Read

The night of the attack he met two strangers outside Charing Cross station on his way home from a colleague’s house.

“They offered me a beer,” he said. “Then they said ‘let’s go somewhere’. I was so drunk I didn’t know what I was doing.”

The three men took a train to East Ham and ended up in a park where Mr Moran says he was given more beer. “I don’t remember anything after that beer,” he said, although he says he has had “flashbacks” since.

“I remember being punched on the face,” he said. “I remember this excruciating pain on my nose which is when they broke it.”

Mr Moran was found 36 hours later, semi-conscious on his bed.

Speaking to the Recorder he said he was still “scared” to go out after recently suffering an epileptic fit as a consequence of his injuries, which also include diminished vision, breathing and memory problems and the loss of his sense of smell.

“It affects your future,” he said of his injuries. “Making plans to go on holiday, buying a property. Even buying a bike – I can’t do that. We had plans to adopt a baby. We had a name for him. We can’t do that now. It is stressful.”

Anyone with information should call DC Paul Wright on 020 8721 5840, police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter