Hunt to find thief who stole £10,000 watch from store in Westfield Stratford
- Credit: Met Police
Police are looking for this man after a £10,000 watch was stolen in a brazen theft from Westfield Stratford City.
The suspect asked to try on a Breitling Super Avenger II watch before punching the sales assistant in the face and fleeing.
The victim, also male, did not suffer any lasting injuries, according to Met Police.
Detectives from Scotland Yard’s Flying Squad today released CCTV stills of a man they are trying to trace following the assault and theft, which took place on Saturday, January 6.
The two images show a man with dark hair, black trousers and a black hooded jacket riding an escalator inside the shopping centre. Both stills were captured before the offence was committed.
You may also want to watch:
Police ask anyone who can name this man to call Flying Squad Detectives on 101, quoting reference 5149/6Jan18 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 2 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 3 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 4 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash
- 5 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 6 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 7 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 8 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 10 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss