Hunt to find thief who stole £10,000 watch from store in Westfield Stratford
- Credit: Met Police
Police are looking for this man after a £10,000 watch was stolen in a brazen theft from Westfield Stratford City.
The suspect asked to try on a Breitling Super Avenger II watch before punching the sales assistant in the face and fleeing.
The victim, also male, did not suffer any lasting injuries, according to Met Police.
Detectives from Scotland Yard’s Flying Squad today released CCTV stills of a man they are trying to trace following the assault and theft, which took place on Saturday, January 6.
The two images show a man with dark hair, black trousers and a black hooded jacket riding an escalator inside the shopping centre. Both stills were captured before the offence was committed.
You may also want to watch:
Police ask anyone who can name this man to call Flying Squad Detectives on 101, quoting reference 5149/6Jan18 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 7 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 8 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 9 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show