Hunt to find thief who stole £10,000 watch from store in Westfield Stratford
- Credit: Met Police
Police are looking for this man after a £10,000 watch was stolen in a brazen theft from Westfield Stratford City.
The suspect asked to try on a Breitling Super Avenger II watch before punching the sales assistant in the face and fleeing.
The victim, also male, did not suffer any lasting injuries, according to Met Police.
Detectives from Scotland Yard’s Flying Squad today released CCTV stills of a man they are trying to trace following the assault and theft, which took place on Saturday, January 6.
The two images show a man with dark hair, black trousers and a black hooded jacket riding an escalator inside the shopping centre. Both stills were captured before the offence was committed.
You may also want to watch:
Police ask anyone who can name this man to call Flying Squad Detectives on 101, quoting reference 5149/6Jan18 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money