Police appeal after 'shockingly violent assault' in West Ham
- Credit: Google
Police are appealing for witnesses after a “shockingly violent assault” in Newham on Sunday.
Officers were called shortly after 3.30am on July 4 to Alan Hocken Way in West Ham after a male victim, 22, was found with a slash injury to his face.
He is reported to have been pursued and attacked by a group of males in a car.
The victim’s car stopped after colliding with a wall. He was then pulled from the vehicle and assaulted before the suspects returned to their vehicle and fled the scene.
The victim was taken to hospital but his injuries are not life-threatening. There have been no arrests since the incident, as police enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Anastasia Bezanidou, from the Metropolitan Police's North East Command Unit, said: “This was a shockingly violent assault on a young man and we are working hard to identify and apprehend those responsible.”
Anyone with information should call the police on 101, quoting reference number CAD 1507/4 July.
To remain anonymous contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 92 arrests as police respond to community concerns about crime
- 5 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 6 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 7 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 8 Pressure mounts on town hall with second Stratford Circus protest
- 9 Neighbours call for mortuary car wash plans to be reversed
- 10 Newham to 'bring back the broom' as recycling gets boost