Police appeal after 'shockingly violent assault' in West Ham
- Credit: Google
Police are appealing for witnesses after a “shockingly violent assault” in Newham on Sunday.
Officers were called shortly after 3.30am on July 4 to Alan Hocken Way in West Ham after a male victim, 22, was found with a slash injury to his face.
He is reported to have been pursued and attacked by a group of males in a car.
The victim’s car stopped after colliding with a wall. He was then pulled from the vehicle and assaulted before the suspects returned to their vehicle and fled the scene.
The victim was taken to hospital but his injuries are not life-threatening. There have been no arrests since the incident, as police enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Anastasia Bezanidou, from the Metropolitan Police's North East Command Unit, said: “This was a shockingly violent assault on a young man and we are working hard to identify and apprehend those responsible.”
Anyone with information should call the police on 101, quoting reference number CAD 1507/4 July.
To remain anonymous contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 9 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 10 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham