Police appeal after £1,000 burglary at East Ham butchers
- Credit: Met police
CCTV footage has been issued of a man detectives wish to speak to following a £1,000 burglary at a shop.
Police were called to reports of a burglary at an address on High Street North, East Ham, at 1.50am on Sunday.
The theft was reported to have occurred at some point between 11pm on Saturday and 1am on Sunday.
The footage, taken from the first floor office above a butcher’s shop, captured the moment the suspect broke through the office’s front door and covered the camera.
He then removed the floorboards in the room, climbed into the butcher’s shop and stole the cash from the till.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as a white man wearing a baseball cap, black leather jacket with a white zip on the front, a light coloured hooded top, light coloured trousers and black trainers. He also wore black gloves.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may recognise the suspect.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 7 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 8 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Campaigners stage River Thames protest over Silvertown Tunnel
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.