Plea hearing set for Stratford man charged with murder of Nico Ramsay
- Credit: Essex Police
A Stratford man accused of killing a teenager from Plaistow will face a plea hearing later this month.
Allcie Houlder, 22, of Mantle Way, appeared in court this morning charged with the murder of rapper Nico Ramsay, 19, in Southend in February 2016.
Houlder was arrested in Caracas, Venezuela, in November last year and was extradited back to the UK last week.
Nico Ramsay of Eastern Road, Plaistow, died in hospital on February 17, 2016 after being stabbed in the chest four days earlier in Napier Avenue.
The aspiring grime artist – whose stage name was Y.Nasty – had dreams of owning his own cafe after overcoming leukaemia as a child.
You may also want to watch:
His family described him as “genuine and caring” in a statement released after his death.
They said: “Nico was family orientated, forever loyal and full of hope and ambition to do well.”
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Our planet is in a terrible place
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Arsenal's Women's Super League clash with West Ham postponed
Mr Houlder’s next court appearance is on October 26 at Chelmsford Crown Court.