Plea hearing set for Stratford man charged with murder of Nico Ramsay
- Credit: Essex Police
A Stratford man accused of killing a teenager from Plaistow will face a plea hearing later this month.
Allcie Houlder, 22, of Mantle Way, appeared in court this morning charged with the murder of rapper Nico Ramsay, 19, in Southend in February 2016.
Houlder was arrested in Caracas, Venezuela, in November last year and was extradited back to the UK last week.
Nico Ramsay of Eastern Road, Plaistow, died in hospital on February 17, 2016 after being stabbed in the chest four days earlier in Napier Avenue.
The aspiring grime artist – whose stage name was Y.Nasty – had dreams of owning his own cafe after overcoming leukaemia as a child.
You may also want to watch:
His family described him as “genuine and caring” in a statement released after his death.
They said: “Nico was family orientated, forever loyal and full of hope and ambition to do well.”
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 4 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 5 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 8 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
Mr Houlder’s next court appearance is on October 26 at Chelmsford Crown Court.