Plea hearing set for Stratford man charged with murder of Nico Ramsay
- Credit: Essex Police
A Stratford man accused of killing a teenager from Plaistow will face a plea hearing later this month.
Allcie Houlder, 22, of Mantle Way, appeared in court this morning charged with the murder of rapper Nico Ramsay, 19, in Southend in February 2016.
Houlder was arrested in Caracas, Venezuela, in November last year and was extradited back to the UK last week.
Nico Ramsay of Eastern Road, Plaistow, died in hospital on February 17, 2016 after being stabbed in the chest four days earlier in Napier Avenue.
The aspiring grime artist – whose stage name was Y.Nasty – had dreams of owning his own cafe after overcoming leukaemia as a child.
His family described him as “genuine and caring” in a statement released after his death.
They said: “Nico was family orientated, forever loyal and full of hope and ambition to do well.”
- 1 3 arrests after death of man found unresponsive in Beckton
- 2 Maryland machete murderer found guilty - as police hunt second attacker
- 3 Jailed: Forest Gate serial arsonist who started more than two dozen fires
- 4 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
- 5 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 6 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 7 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 8 E-fit released after woman sexually assaulted in Newham
- 9 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 10 Manor Park house fire leaves adults and child in hospital
Mr Houlder’s next court appearance is on October 26 at Chelmsford Crown Court.