Plashet Park killing: Police name victim as Moosakhan Nasiri
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A 20-year-old man who was stabbed to death in an East Ham park has been named by police as Moosakhan Nasiri.
Detectives were called to Plashet Park at 4.07pm on Sunday, October 15 where they found Moosakhan with a stab wound to his chest.
He was pronounced dead at the scene despite paramedics’ best efforts to save his life.
A post-mortem held two days later gave the cause of death as a stab wound to the heart.
A 16-year-old boy has since been charged with Moosakhan’s murder. He appeared at Barkingside Youth Court last Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
Police are still appealing for other witnesses to come forward.
DCI Jamie Piscopo said: “We have now charged one person in relation to this murder but there are still outstanding suspects and other lines of enquiry we are pursuing.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp
“This was a violent attack on a young man which happened in the middle of the afternoon in a busy park, and I would ask anyone who saw the incident to come forward and speak to us.”
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 0208 345 3715 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 11.