Plaistow teenager tried to stash drugs in underpants
A teenager who stashed cocaine and heroin in his underpants is facing jail.
Hanad Mohamed, 19, slipped 20 wraps variously containing the class A drugs in his underwear after police approached him in the street.
When an officer asked what he was up to Mohamed feigned ignorance and “continued to fiddle with his groin,” Snaresbrook Crown Court heard.
An on-the-spot search in Greenleaf Road, Upton Park, proved inconclusive so he was taken to the local police station where the drugs were found on October 18 last year.
You may also want to watch:
Officers found he was also carrying more than �170 in cash.
Mohamed, of Upperton Road East, Plaistow, admitted two counts of possessing class A drugs. He was also in breach of a 18 week suspended sentence imposed for theft of a debit card in September last year.
- 1 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 2 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 3 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 4 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 5 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 6 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
He had used the stolen card to withdraw �450, the court heard.
Judge Richard Horwell QC bailed Mohamed ahead of sentence on March 14 but warned he could now end up in jail.
He said: “A young man, however immature, cannot continue to be given chances.”