Plaistow teenager tried to stash drugs in underpants
A teenager who stashed cocaine and heroin in his underpants is facing jail.
Hanad Mohamed, 19, slipped 20 wraps variously containing the class A drugs in his underwear after police approached him in the street.
When an officer asked what he was up to Mohamed feigned ignorance and “continued to fiddle with his groin,” Snaresbrook Crown Court heard.
An on-the-spot search in Greenleaf Road, Upton Park, proved inconclusive so he was taken to the local police station where the drugs were found on October 18 last year.
Officers found he was also carrying more than �170 in cash.
Mohamed, of Upperton Road East, Plaistow, admitted two counts of possessing class A drugs. He was also in breach of a 18 week suspended sentence imposed for theft of a debit card in September last year.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 3 Men jailed after violent beating with steering wheel lock caught on dashcam
- 4 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 5 School which has nine-hour days praised as 'outstanding'
- 6 Moyes gives warning after West Ham miss out on Europa League
- 7 Remembering speedway at West Ham Stadium 50 years on
- 8 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 9 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 10 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
He had used the stolen card to withdraw �450, the court heard.
Judge Richard Horwell QC bailed Mohamed ahead of sentence on March 14 but warned he could now end up in jail.
He said: “A young man, however immature, cannot continue to be given chances.”