Plaistow teenager tried to stash drugs in underpants
A teenager who stashed cocaine and heroin in his underpants is facing jail.
Hanad Mohamed, 19, slipped 20 wraps variously containing the class A drugs in his underwear after police approached him in the street.
When an officer asked what he was up to Mohamed feigned ignorance and “continued to fiddle with his groin,” Snaresbrook Crown Court heard.
An on-the-spot search in Greenleaf Road, Upton Park, proved inconclusive so he was taken to the local police station where the drugs were found on October 18 last year.
You may also want to watch:
Officers found he was also carrying more than �170 in cash.
Mohamed, of Upperton Road East, Plaistow, admitted two counts of possessing class A drugs. He was also in breach of a 18 week suspended sentence imposed for theft of a debit card in September last year.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
He had used the stolen card to withdraw �450, the court heard.
Judge Richard Horwell QC bailed Mohamed ahead of sentence on March 14 but warned he could now end up in jail.
He said: “A young man, however immature, cannot continue to be given chances.”