Plaistow teenager tried to stash drugs in underpants
A teenager who stashed cocaine and heroin in his underpants is facing jail.
Hanad Mohamed, 19, slipped 20 wraps variously containing the class A drugs in his underwear after police approached him in the street.
When an officer asked what he was up to Mohamed feigned ignorance and “continued to fiddle with his groin,” Snaresbrook Crown Court heard.
An on-the-spot search in Greenleaf Road, Upton Park, proved inconclusive so he was taken to the local police station where the drugs were found on October 18 last year.
You may also want to watch:
Officers found he was also carrying more than �170 in cash.
Mohamed, of Upperton Road East, Plaistow, admitted two counts of possessing class A drugs. He was also in breach of a 18 week suspended sentence imposed for theft of a debit card in September last year.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
He had used the stolen card to withdraw �450, the court heard.
Judge Richard Horwell QC bailed Mohamed ahead of sentence on March 14 but warned he could now end up in jail.
He said: “A young man, however immature, cannot continue to be given chances.”