Plaistow teen in stolen car charged after police pursuit from Southend to Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Three teenagers caught driving a stolen car have been charged following a police chase from Southend-on-Sea to Ilford.
Plaistow resident Chyane Ajaz, 18, along with Ibrahim Mohammed, 19, and Kelechi Ojiako, 18, of Ilford refused to stop when requested to do so, by officers at 3am on Sunday, February 18.
The owners of the car reported the theft of their vehicle to police and said it was taken at some point between Valentine’s Day evening and the morning of Thursday, February 15.
Mobile phones, laptops and cash were also missing from their home.
Mohammed, Ojiako, and Ajaz, have all been charged with dangerous driving and aggravated vehicle taking.
You may also want to watch:
Mohammed was also charged with driving without insurance or a licence and Ojiako, was also charged with offering to supply cocaine.
All three men have appeared before Medway Magistrates’ Court by virtual court and have been remanded to appear at Maidstone Crown Court on Tuesday, March 20.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation