Plaistow teen in stolen car charged after police pursuit from Southend to Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Three teenagers caught driving a stolen car have been charged following a police chase from Southend-on-Sea to Ilford.
Plaistow resident Chyane Ajaz, 18, along with Ibrahim Mohammed, 19, and Kelechi Ojiako, 18, of Ilford refused to stop when requested to do so, by officers at 3am on Sunday, February 18.
The owners of the car reported the theft of their vehicle to police and said it was taken at some point between Valentine’s Day evening and the morning of Thursday, February 15.
Mobile phones, laptops and cash were also missing from their home.
Mohammed, Ojiako, and Ajaz, have all been charged with dangerous driving and aggravated vehicle taking.
You may also want to watch:
Mohammed was also charged with driving without insurance or a licence and Ojiako, was also charged with offering to supply cocaine.
All three men have appeared before Medway Magistrates’ Court by virtual court and have been remanded to appear at Maidstone Crown Court on Tuesday, March 20.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 10 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project