Plaistow teen in stolen car charged after police pursuit from Southend to Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Three teenagers caught driving a stolen car have been charged following a police chase from Southend-on-Sea to Ilford.
Plaistow resident Chyane Ajaz, 18, along with Ibrahim Mohammed, 19, and Kelechi Ojiako, 18, of Ilford refused to stop when requested to do so, by officers at 3am on Sunday, February 18.
The owners of the car reported the theft of their vehicle to police and said it was taken at some point between Valentine’s Day evening and the morning of Thursday, February 15.
Mobile phones, laptops and cash were also missing from their home.
Mohammed, Ojiako, and Ajaz, have all been charged with dangerous driving and aggravated vehicle taking.
You may also want to watch:
Mohammed was also charged with driving without insurance or a licence and Ojiako, was also charged with offering to supply cocaine.
All three men have appeared before Medway Magistrates’ Court by virtual court and have been remanded to appear at Maidstone Crown Court on Tuesday, March 20.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 8 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley