Plaistow pervert who sexually assaulted Tube passengers is jailed
- Credit: BTP
A “disgraceful” sex pest who targeted women using the Tube has been jailed for eight months.
Jamie Sierra-Ferrucho, of Florence Road, Plaistow, was handed the jail term on Friday having previously pleaded guilty to two charges of sexual assault and two counts of outraging public decency.
Blackfriars Crown Court heard how the 58-year-old had targeted his four victims in the space of just two months, all on different lines.
The first incident happened on January 21, where a 25-year-old woman travelling on the Central line between Bethnal Green and Holborn reported that a man was touching her inappropriately.
On February 20, a woman aged 24 was touched inappropriately by Sierra-Ferrucho on the Jubilee line between Canning Town and Green Park while he smiled at her.
You may also want to watch:
The third offence happened on the Victoria line between Kings Cross and Finsbury Park on March 14. He was seen rubbing his groin and the victim - a woman aged 22 - took a photo of him to assist enquiries.
The final incident happened on March 20, between Morden and London Bridge on the Northern line. Sierra-Ferrucho started touching himself inappropriately after a 51-year-old woman and her daughter boarded the train.
- 1 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 4 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 9 Elections: London mayor and Assembly member, East Ham cllr and referendum
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
All four cases were linked and Sierra-Ferrucho was charged. In addition to the prison sentence, he was placed on the sex offender register for 10 years and handed a sexual harm prevention order for the same period of time.
DC Andy Parkinson from British Transport Police, said: “Sierra-Ferrucho is a serial sex offender who used the London Underground network to conduct his revolting deeds. Not only did he touch himself inappropriately in front of shocked passengers, he sexually assaulted two women.
“His behaviour was disgraceful and has absolutely no place on the London Underground network. I am pleased that the courts agreed and handed him a eight month prison sentence and a ten year sexual harm prevention order.”
He added: “I am very grateful to each of the victims who reported these incidents and supported the investigation. Without their help, it would have been very difficult to have brought the defendant to justice.”
To report a crime to the British Transport Police, call 0800 405040 or text 61016.