Plaistow murder: Homicide detectives name 18-year-old stabbed to death on Chadd Green
- Credit: Archant
Murder detectives investigating the fatal stabbing of an 18-year-old in Plaistow have named the victim as Santino Angelo Dymiter.
Police were called at around 3.30pm on Monday, August 26, to a critically injured man on Chadd Green.
Officers attended along with the London Ambulance Service and found Santino suffering from stab injuries.
He was pronounced dead at the scene at 16:33hrs.
Although formal identification is yet to take place, officers are now confident of his identity.
You may also want to watch:
His next of kin have been informed.
A post-mortem examination held on Wednesday, August 28 at East Ham Mortuary confirmed cause of death as a stab wound.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 10 Charity provides free breakfasts for 561 vulnerable families over half term
Homicide detectives from the Specialist Crime Command are investigating.
Det Ch Insp Laurence Smith said: "Santino was stabbed in the street, in the middle of the afternoon.
"I am certain that this brutal attack, or the aftermath, will have been witnessed by a number of people, some of whom may not have come forward.
"The suspects fled the scene into Pelly Road, in a black Ford S-Max, which was found abandoned soon after on Stansfeld Road, E16 with extensive damage and two flat tyres.
"Did you see this vehicle prior to, or after the attack?
"The scene is close to Plaistow Underground Station and the area would have been busy."
Any witnesses, or anyone with information, is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3985 or via 101 quoting reference Cad 5133/26Aug.
To remain anonymous, call the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
Any young people who have information about violence or knife crime can visit www.fearless.org where they can pass on information anonymously - your I.P address will not be traced.
Fearless is part of the Crimestoppers charity, and is also independent of the police.