Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- Credit: PA
A man from Plaistow has been charged with murder over the fatal stabbing of two men at a house in Goodmayes.
Vytautas Garmus, of Prince Regent Lane, will appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court tomorrow (January 13).
The 51-year-old is a Georgian national.
The victims, who were both Lithuanian, have been named by the Metropolitan Police as Dainius Kulboka, 44, and 45-year-old Jonas Semenas.
Both men suffered stab wounds in the early hours of Sunday (January 10) in Tavistock Gardens, Goodmayes and were pronounced dead at the scene.
Police were called to the house at 4.24am after reports of a 'disturbance'.
A post-mortem examination at East Ham Mortuary on Tuesday confirmed the cause of death for both men as stab injuries.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 7 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 West Ham boss Moyes wants his side to show they can compete with the big boys
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
Both of their next of kin have now been informed of their deaths.
A 28-year-old woman was also arrested on suspicion of murder.
She was injured at the scene and attended hospital after police used a taser gun against her during the arrest.
The woman has since been released under investigation.