Plaistow man, 31, dies following street fight in Upton Park
- Credit: Archant
A 31-year-old man has died from injuries he sustained in a street fight in Upton Park where a boy was stabbed.
Detectives have launched a murder investigation after Titu Miah from Plaistow, died yesterday from head injuries he suffered during the brawl in Plashet Road on October 12.
The stabbed 16-year-old was rushed to hospital suffering from leg and chest injuries.
He was discharged yesterday and arrested on suspicion of GBH and violent disorder before being released under investigation.
Investigating officers believe seven or eight Asian male youths were involved in the brawl which took place at around 3pm.
Three other teenagers aged 16, 17 and 18 were also arrested in connection with the fight and have also been released under investigation.
DCI Dave Whellams, who is leading the murder hunt, said: “We are keen to hear from anyone who may have been in the Plashet Road area and seen the violent altercation taking place at approx 3pm on Thursday 12 October.
- 1 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
- 2 Teenager from Newham found safe and well
- 3 Moyes: Fantastic to secure European football again
- 4 The ex-gang member who turned from crime to become a pastor mentoring young people
- 5 West Ham United make point as hero Noble is hailed
- 6 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 7 Burglars jailed for violent Upminster burglary where boy, 11, was shot
- 8 Gainsborough Avenue stabbing: 14-year-old boy charged
- 9 Pensioner dies after being critically injured in East Ham crash
- 10 Two arrests after multi-vehicle crash on Barking Road
“The group fighting was described as a group of approximately seven to eight Asian males and we are keen to piece together the sequence of events that lead to Titu’s death.
“A man has lost his life during this incident and we urge anyone with any information to come forward and speak to police.”
Anyone with information should call 020 8345 3775 Or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.