Plaistow drug dealer facing jail term
A drug dealer from Plaistow is facing years behind bars after 3.5 kilos of heroin was found in a car boot along with a stash of sex toys.
Devon Smith, 40, was watched by detectives as he put the drugs worth �232,000 into Segun Idris-Oloko’s car.
Smith, of Chesterton Road, and Oliver Scott, 42, of Finsbury Park, north London, were convicted of conspiring to supply heroin. They are to be sentenced on April 18.
Jurors at Inner London Crown Court were reduced to giggles during the trial after a barrister produced a 13-inch “multi-speed” vibrator found in the boot. Lawyer Bernard Eaton said: “I’d like to have a look at that one. I’m fascinated by something that’s multi-speed.”
Judge Patricia Lees told the jury: “While Mr Eaton plays with this, you can have a look at the rest of the exhibits. You’ll have to forgive Mr Eaton. He’s not got a very exciting life, I’m afraid.”
You may also want to watch:
Smith was trailed by police from an address in Grays, Essex, to Walworth, south London where he met up with Mr Idris-Oloko on August 24 last year.
A jury accepted Mr Idris-Oloko’s explanation that he believed that bags were full of “shopping” and cleared the 43-year-old from Hatfield, Hertfordshire, of conspiring to supply class A drugs.
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 6 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 7 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 8 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford