Plaistow drug dealer facing jail term
A drug dealer from Plaistow is facing years behind bars after 3.5 kilos of heroin was found in a car boot along with a stash of sex toys.
Devon Smith, 40, was watched by detectives as he put the drugs worth �232,000 into Segun Idris-Oloko’s car.
Smith, of Chesterton Road, and Oliver Scott, 42, of Finsbury Park, north London, were convicted of conspiring to supply heroin. They are to be sentenced on April 18.
Jurors at Inner London Crown Court were reduced to giggles during the trial after a barrister produced a 13-inch “multi-speed” vibrator found in the boot. Lawyer Bernard Eaton said: “I’d like to have a look at that one. I’m fascinated by something that’s multi-speed.”
Judge Patricia Lees told the jury: “While Mr Eaton plays with this, you can have a look at the rest of the exhibits. You’ll have to forgive Mr Eaton. He’s not got a very exciting life, I’m afraid.”
You may also want to watch:
Smith was trailed by police from an address in Grays, Essex, to Walworth, south London where he met up with Mr Idris-Oloko on August 24 last year.
A jury accepted Mr Idris-Oloko’s explanation that he believed that bags were full of “shopping” and cleared the 43-year-old from Hatfield, Hertfordshire, of conspiring to supply class A drugs.
- 1 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 4 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 5 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Silvertown, North Woolwich heritage project offers opportunity to history buff
- 8 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 9 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home