Plaistow drug dealer facing jail term
A drug dealer from Plaistow is facing years behind bars after 3.5 kilos of heroin was found in a car boot along with a stash of sex toys.
Devon Smith, 40, was watched by detectives as he put the drugs worth �232,000 into Segun Idris-Oloko’s car.
Smith, of Chesterton Road, and Oliver Scott, 42, of Finsbury Park, north London, were convicted of conspiring to supply heroin. They are to be sentenced on April 18.
Jurors at Inner London Crown Court were reduced to giggles during the trial after a barrister produced a 13-inch “multi-speed” vibrator found in the boot. Lawyer Bernard Eaton said: “I’d like to have a look at that one. I’m fascinated by something that’s multi-speed.”
Judge Patricia Lees told the jury: “While Mr Eaton plays with this, you can have a look at the rest of the exhibits. You’ll have to forgive Mr Eaton. He’s not got a very exciting life, I’m afraid.”
You may also want to watch:
Smith was trailed by police from an address in Grays, Essex, to Walworth, south London where he met up with Mr Idris-Oloko on August 24 last year.
A jury accepted Mr Idris-Oloko’s explanation that he believed that bags were full of “shopping” and cleared the 43-year-old from Hatfield, Hertfordshire, of conspiring to supply class A drugs.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 6 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 7 West Ham boss Moyes believes they have plenty more to come after Palace victory
- 8 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 9 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 10 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek