Boy, 15, shot in the leg in drive-by shooting in Plaistow
- Credit: @kieranjwalsh
A boy has been shot in the leg in a drive-by shooting in broad daylight.
The 15-year-old was shot at from a car in Harcourt Road, Plaistow, with police called just after 5.31pm yesterday following reports of gun shots.
A Met spokeswoman said: “The boy has been taken to hospital. His injury has been assessed as not life-threatening.”
Soon afterwards officers and the fire brigade were called to a car on fire a mile away in Chesterton Road at 5.40pm.
Police believe it was the same one that was used in the shooting.
You may also want to watch:
The Met spokeswoman said: “There were no reported injuries from this incident.”
Police cordons were put in place at both crime scenes.
- 1 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 2 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 3 Restored Victorian warehouse in Stratford to become dance and music hub
- 4 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 5 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 6 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 7 Town hall chief says Newham 'doing everything it can' to ensure polling is 'safe and fair'
- 8 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 9 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 10 Stratford School Academy pupil helps launch fund in memory of Prince Philip
So far there have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101.
Alternatively, information can be given, anonymously, to Crimestoppers by calling 0800 555 111.