Boy, 15, shot in the leg in drive-by shooting in Plaistow
- Credit: @kieranjwalsh
A boy has been shot in the leg in a drive-by shooting in broad daylight.
The 15-year-old was shot at from a car in Harcourt Road, Plaistow, with police called just after 5.31pm yesterday following reports of gun shots.
A Met spokeswoman said: “The boy has been taken to hospital. His injury has been assessed as not life-threatening.”
Soon afterwards officers and the fire brigade were called to a car on fire a mile away in Chesterton Road at 5.40pm.
Police believe it was the same one that was used in the shooting.
You may also want to watch:
The Met spokeswoman said: “There were no reported injuries from this incident.”
Police cordons were put in place at both crime scenes.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 4 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 7 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
So far there have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101.
Alternatively, information can be given, anonymously, to Crimestoppers by calling 0800 555 111.