Plaistow betting shop targeted in attempted armed robbery
- Credit: MPS
Staff were threatened with what was believed to be a firearm during an attempted robbery at a betting shop.
A man entered Paddy Power on Barking Road, Plaistow, at around 12.50pm and threatened employees in an attempt to steal cash.
Nobody was injured and the man made off without any money.
Police officers have released images of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the incident.
He is described as an Asian male, believed to be in his 20s, who was wearing a blue jacket and carrying a green bag.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the Flying Squad on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting reference 5305866/16.
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 4 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 5 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 8 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 9 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 10 CCTV image released after rape reported in Forest Gate