Plaistow betting shop targeted in attempted armed robbery
- Credit: MPS
Staff were threatened with what was believed to be a firearm during an attempted robbery at a betting shop.
A man entered Paddy Power on Barking Road, Plaistow, at around 12.50pm and threatened employees in an attempt to steal cash.
Nobody was injured and the man made off without any money.
Police officers have released images of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the incident.
He is described as an Asian male, believed to be in his 20s, who was wearing a blue jacket and carrying a green bag.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the Flying Squad on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting reference 5305866/16.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 3 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 4 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 7 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 8 WSL: West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0
- 9 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 10 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later