Plaistow betting shop targeted in attempted armed robbery
- Credit: MPS
Staff were threatened with what was believed to be a firearm during an attempted robbery at a betting shop.
A man entered Paddy Power on Barking Road, Plaistow, at around 12.50pm and threatened employees in an attempt to steal cash.
Nobody was injured and the man made off without any money.
Police officers have released images of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the incident.
He is described as an Asian male, believed to be in his 20s, who was wearing a blue jacket and carrying a green bag.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the Flying Squad on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting reference 5305866/16.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 3 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 6 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 7 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 8 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 9 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 10 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19