Plaistow attack: sentencing delayed until next month
Justice has been delayed again for a 16-year-old girl who was punched unconscious as she walked to college.
Michael Ayoade, 34, of Greengate Street, Plaistow, targeted the petite student on High Street outside the Black Lion pub on November 13.
He appeared at the Old Bailey after he admitted to assault occasioning actual bodily harm and possession of a class B drug after a small bag of cannabis was found.
Judge Roger Chapple adjourned the sentencing of Ayoade until at least February 25 for legal reasons.
CCTV of the incident went viral after police released footage to find the girl’s attacker.
You may also want to watch:
She was left with injuries to her face and arm.
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 4 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 7 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 8 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder