Plaistow attack: sentencing delayed until next month
Justice has been delayed again for a 16-year-old girl who was punched unconscious as she walked to college.
Michael Ayoade, 34, of Greengate Street, Plaistow, targeted the petite student on High Street outside the Black Lion pub on November 13.
He appeared at the Old Bailey after he admitted to assault occasioning actual bodily harm and possession of a class B drug after a small bag of cannabis was found.
Judge Roger Chapple adjourned the sentencing of Ayoade until at least February 25 for legal reasons.
CCTV of the incident went viral after police released footage to find the girl’s attacker.
You may also want to watch:
She was left with injuries to her face and arm.
- 1 Jailed: Drug dealer who crashed into cab leaving passengers critically injured
- 2 'Severe maladministration' by Newham Council in housing complaint handling
- 3 Man in hospital after fire at disused Forest Gate church
- 4 Detectives release images after robbery in East Ham
- 5 Jailed: Manor Park man guilty of drug offences, but not machete murder
- 6 £3m centre to reduce young adult reoffending to be set up in Stratford
- 7 Blades, £25k and Class A drugs seized by police after car stop in Plaistow
- 8 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff 'disappointed' to lose defender Adam Thompson
- 9 World Book Day: Notorious football fan 'Mr West Ham' sets record straight
- 10 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff feels he knows already what makes the squad tick