Plaistow attack: Court sentencing delayed
The sentencing of a man who was captured on CCTV knocking a 16-year-old girl unconscious in the street will take place at the end of the month.
Michael Ayoade, 34, of Greengate Street in Plaistow, appeared at Inner London Crown Court today for sentencing after earlier pleading guilty to assault occasioning actual bodily harm after an attack on the teenager outside the Black Lion pub as she was walking to college on November 13.
At an earlier hearing on November 23, Thames Magistrates’ Court heard he told police after the attack that the young woman “didn’t have a friendly face”, that he was “intimidated by her” because she “made me feel like a pauper with her facial gestures” and he couldn’t take “an insult from a little person like that”.
CCTV footage of the incident - seen all over the globe - showed how the victim, also from Plaistow, was approached from behind and struck over the head on High Street, unconscious before she hit the ground.
Ayoade has also pleaded guilty to possession of a class B drug after a small bag of cannabis was found.
You may also want to watch:
The case was adjourned until January 28 at a London crown court to be fixed.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 3 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 6 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 7 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 9 Late Antonio strike helps West Ham stun Leeds
- 10 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case