Plaistow assault teenager: ‘I hope I am his last victim’
A Plaistow student who was knocked unconscious on the street has spoken of her shock at the unprovoked attack.
The 16-year-old girl was followed by a man from her house around midday on Tuesday, November 13 along High Street when she was struck across the head outside the Black Lion pub.
Speaking anonymously, the victim said she could not remember the man coming up behind her and simply woke up in pain in the ambulance.
She said: “It was really bad. I had a migraine, my chin was grazed and sore, my teeth were hurting because they were chipped and I couldn’t talk.
“I hope he does get caught so he doesn’t do it again to another person. I hope I am his last victim,” she added in an interview with ITV’s London Tonight, televised this evening.
She was taken to Newham General Hospital with bruising to the head and cuts to her face and was treated and released that day.
The suspect is described as a black man of muscular build, with a shaven head. He is about 6ft tall, aged 25 to 30 years and was wearing a baseball jacket and jeans.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 5 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 6 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 7 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 8 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 9 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
- 10 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
Anyone with information call detectives at the Newham Violent Crime Unit on 020 8217 5890, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111, quoting reference S/194/12.