Plaistow assault teenager: ‘I hope I am his last victim’
A Plaistow student who was knocked unconscious on the street has spoken of her shock at the unprovoked attack.
The 16-year-old girl was followed by a man from her house around midday on Tuesday, November 13 along High Street when she was struck across the head outside the Black Lion pub.
Speaking anonymously, the victim said she could not remember the man coming up behind her and simply woke up in pain in the ambulance.
She said: “It was really bad. I had a migraine, my chin was grazed and sore, my teeth were hurting because they were chipped and I couldn’t talk.
“I hope he does get caught so he doesn’t do it again to another person. I hope I am his last victim,” she added in an interview with ITV’s London Tonight, televised this evening.
You may also want to watch:
She was taken to Newham General Hospital with bruising to the head and cuts to her face and was treated and released that day.
The suspect is described as a black man of muscular build, with a shaven head. He is about 6ft tall, aged 25 to 30 years and was wearing a baseball jacket and jeans.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 3 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 4 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 8 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 10 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
Anyone with information call detectives at the Newham Violent Crime Unit on 020 8217 5890, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111, quoting reference S/194/12.