Plaistow assault teenager: ‘I hope I am his last victim’
A Plaistow student who was knocked unconscious on the street has spoken of her shock at the unprovoked attack.
The 16-year-old girl was followed by a man from her house around midday on Tuesday, November 13 along High Street when she was struck across the head outside the Black Lion pub.
Speaking anonymously, the victim said she could not remember the man coming up behind her and simply woke up in pain in the ambulance.
She said: “It was really bad. I had a migraine, my chin was grazed and sore, my teeth were hurting because they were chipped and I couldn’t talk.
“I hope he does get caught so he doesn’t do it again to another person. I hope I am his last victim,” she added in an interview with ITV’s London Tonight, televised this evening.
You may also want to watch:
She was taken to Newham General Hospital with bruising to the head and cuts to her face and was treated and released that day.
The suspect is described as a black man of muscular build, with a shaven head. He is about 6ft tall, aged 25 to 30 years and was wearing a baseball jacket and jeans.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
Anyone with information call detectives at the Newham Violent Crime Unit on 020 8217 5890, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111, quoting reference S/194/12.