Thugs spray liquid in 18-year-old’s face in suspected Plaistow acid attack
- Credit: Archant
Neighbours rushed to to the aid of a teenager left in agony after a liquid was sprayed in his face in a suspected acid attack last night.
The 18-year-old was found in Settle Point, London Road, yards away from Plaistow underground station following the suspected attack, according to police.
Officers were called at 11.47pm.
People living nearby came out with buckets of water to rinse the substance off his face and hands before paramedics took him to hospital, the Met said.
The police haven’t said how extensive his injuries are.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews from Plaistow and Stratford arrived just before midnight.
No arrests have been made. Enquiries continue.
- 1 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 2 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 3 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 4 Stratford School Academy pupil helps launch fund in memory of Prince Philip
- 5 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 6 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 7 Hammers 'will keep fighting' says Fornals ahead of derby date
- 8 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate