Thugs spray liquid in 18-year-old’s face in suspected Plaistow acid attack
- Credit: Archant
Neighbours rushed to to the aid of a teenager left in agony after a liquid was sprayed in his face in a suspected acid attack last night.
The 18-year-old was found in Settle Point, London Road, yards away from Plaistow underground station following the suspected attack, according to police.
Officers were called at 11.47pm.
People living nearby came out with buckets of water to rinse the substance off his face and hands before paramedics took him to hospital, the Met said.
The police haven’t said how extensive his injuries are.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews from Plaistow and Stratford arrived just before midnight.
No arrests have been made. Enquiries continue.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 4 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 8 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines