Thugs spray liquid in 18-year-old’s face in suspected Plaistow acid attack
- Credit: Archant
Neighbours rushed to to the aid of a teenager left in agony after a liquid was sprayed in his face in a suspected acid attack last night.
The 18-year-old was found in Settle Point, London Road, yards away from Plaistow underground station following the suspected attack, according to police.
Officers were called at 11.47pm.
People living nearby came out with buckets of water to rinse the substance off his face and hands before paramedics took him to hospital, the Met said.
The police haven’t said how extensive his injuries are.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews from Plaistow and Stratford arrived just before midnight.
No arrests have been made. Enquiries continue.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 8 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Half of people in Newham may have had Covid-19, analysis reveals