Thugs spray liquid in 18-year-old’s face in suspected Plaistow acid attack
- Credit: Archant
Neighbours rushed to to the aid of a teenager left in agony after a liquid was sprayed in his face in a suspected acid attack last night.
The 18-year-old was found in Settle Point, London Road, yards away from Plaistow underground station following the suspected attack, according to police.
Officers were called at 11.47pm.
People living nearby came out with buckets of water to rinse the substance off his face and hands before paramedics took him to hospital, the Met said.
The police haven’t said how extensive his injuries are.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews from Plaistow and Stratford arrived just before midnight.
No arrests have been made. Enquiries continue.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 4 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 7 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood