‘Pack attack’ on Asians lands Custom House man in jail
A thug who took part in a ‘pack attack’ on five men in front of rail passengers at Waterloo Station has been jailed for 15 months.
The gang made up of mainly Eastern European youths set upon the Asian victims after one of their number was refused a cigarette.
Modestas Stepanaitus, 22, was jailed for 15 months for breaking the nose of one of the men after he was chased through the station.
Mamertas Mazonas, 22 and Raymondas Petrauskas, 20 received suspended jail sentences for their part in the chase throwing punches and kicking out at their victims on January 23 last year.
Sentencing at Blackfriars Crown Court, Judge Daniel Worsley told the three: “Without provocation from anyone you attacked which derived from a discussion which turned into an argument over a cigarette.”
You may also want to watch:
Judge Worsley said one of the victims was left in severe pain after Stepanaitus punched him ‘very hard indeed’ on the nose.
Mazonas and Petrauskas were both sentenced to 12 months jail, suspended for two years and ordered to carry out 250 hours of unpaid work.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
Mazonas was told he must pay �6,000 in compensation and tagged for six months with a curfew banning him from going out between 8.30pm and 5am each day.
Petrauskas was also ordered to pay �1,500 in compensation to the victims.
Stepanaitus, of High Meads Road, Custom House, Mazonas, of Bromhall Road, Dagenham, and Petrauskas, of Kings Court, Colindeep Lane, Colindale, all admitted violent disorder.
Neijus Juzapavicius, 22, who held one of the men in a headlock while punching him faces sentence later this week with 18 year old Shaun Taylor.
Juzapavicius, of Newham Way, Canning Town, and Taylor of Mill Brook Road, Bushey, Watford were both convicted of violent disorder after a trial.