Operation Ohio update: Third arrest on suspicion of Class A drug possession in Manor Park
Newham police and council officers searched the property of suspect following patrol of 11 estates in Manor Park.
Two-day total enforcement initiative Operation Ohio started yesterday morning involving members of the Council’s enforcement team in partnership with Section 92 officers from the Metropolitan Police teaming up for a zero tolerance approach to crime and anti-social behaviour using police vehicles and Council CCTV vans.
A warrant was executed at 6.30am this morning by police to arrest a male on suspicion of possessing a quantity of Class A drugs prompting a search of the property.
Last night, 11 estate blocks in the target area in Manor Park were patrolled including Charlbury House, Arthur Walls House, Blakely House, Twelve Acre House, Jack Cornwell House, Alfred Priory House, Annie Taylor House, Richard Fell House, 22 Stewart Rainbird House, Susan Lawrence House and Willis House.
Multiple anti-social behaviour and environmental issues were dealt with by the teams such as graffiti and dumped rubbish.
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday, a male was arrested in conjunction with the UK Border Agency relating to visa irregularites and a second male was arrested later in the day for driving while disqualified.
Five Trading Standards notices were issues to commercial premises, 244 were given out concerning waste in front gardens, three vehicles were seized for no insurance, two were clamped, and two referrals were made for council tax.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 3 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 4 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 5 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 8 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k
- 9 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 10 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
This is the second outing for Operation Ohio which focused on one square mile around Freemasons Road, Canning Town, last month.