Operation Ohio update: Third arrest on suspicion of Class A drug possession in Manor Park
Newham police and council officers searched the property of suspect following patrol of 11 estates in Manor Park.
Two-day total enforcement initiative Operation Ohio started yesterday morning involving members of the Council’s enforcement team in partnership with Section 92 officers from the Metropolitan Police teaming up for a zero tolerance approach to crime and anti-social behaviour using police vehicles and Council CCTV vans.
A warrant was executed at 6.30am this morning by police to arrest a male on suspicion of possessing a quantity of Class A drugs prompting a search of the property.
Last night, 11 estate blocks in the target area in Manor Park were patrolled including Charlbury House, Arthur Walls House, Blakely House, Twelve Acre House, Jack Cornwell House, Alfred Priory House, Annie Taylor House, Richard Fell House, 22 Stewart Rainbird House, Susan Lawrence House and Willis House.
Multiple anti-social behaviour and environmental issues were dealt with by the teams such as graffiti and dumped rubbish.
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday, a male was arrested in conjunction with the UK Border Agency relating to visa irregularites and a second male was arrested later in the day for driving while disqualified.
Five Trading Standards notices were issues to commercial premises, 244 were given out concerning waste in front gardens, three vehicles were seized for no insurance, two were clamped, and two referrals were made for council tax.
- 1 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 2 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 3 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 6 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 7 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 8 Newham housing association offers homes to Hackney Council with £10m price tag
- 9 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 10 Stratford dance and music hub gets £700k boost
This is the second outing for Operation Ohio which focused on one square mile around Freemasons Road, Canning Town, last month.