Operation Ohio update: Third arrest on suspicion of Class A drug possession in Manor Park
Newham police and council officers searched the property of suspect following patrol of 11 estates in Manor Park.
Two-day total enforcement initiative Operation Ohio started yesterday morning involving members of the Council’s enforcement team in partnership with Section 92 officers from the Metropolitan Police teaming up for a zero tolerance approach to crime and anti-social behaviour using police vehicles and Council CCTV vans.
A warrant was executed at 6.30am this morning by police to arrest a male on suspicion of possessing a quantity of Class A drugs prompting a search of the property.
Last night, 11 estate blocks in the target area in Manor Park were patrolled including Charlbury House, Arthur Walls House, Blakely House, Twelve Acre House, Jack Cornwell House, Alfred Priory House, Annie Taylor House, Richard Fell House, 22 Stewart Rainbird House, Susan Lawrence House and Willis House.
Multiple anti-social behaviour and environmental issues were dealt with by the teams such as graffiti and dumped rubbish.
Yesterday, a male was arrested in conjunction with the UK Border Agency relating to visa irregularites and a second male was arrested later in the day for driving while disqualified.
Five Trading Standards notices were issues to commercial premises, 244 were given out concerning waste in front gardens, three vehicles were seized for no insurance, two were clamped, and two referrals were made for council tax.
- 1 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 2 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 3 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 4 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 5 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 6 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 7 Donor appeal as East Ham man needs second kidney transplant
- 8 West Ham boss Moyes disappointed by Leeds defeat
- 9 Tributes to 'much-loved' Stratford theatre worker Harvey Parker
- 10 Flat above garage damaged in Manor Park fire
This is the second outing for Operation Ohio which focused on one square mile around Freemasons Road, Canning Town, last month.