Operation Ohio: Over 100 homes in Upton Park told to deal with garden waste
Waste has turned out to be a major target in Upton Park during Operation Ohio as over 100 homes have been warned to clear up their front gardens and 15 incidents of fly-tipping have been identified since this morning.
Council officers and police have teamed up to enforce phase three of Operation Ohio - placing officers on the streets while conducting a series of searches and raids to tackle crime in a specific area.
Over the next 48 hours, high visibility patrols will be in the Upton Park area closing down local firms who are breaching their license terms, seizing illegal or counterfeit goods, and issuing a number of enforcement notices for antisocial behaviour and environment issues.
These are the results so far:
*109 homes have been warned to deal with waste in front gardens
You may also want to watch:
*15 incidents of fly tipping have been identified for clearing
*Three untaxed vehicles have been identified and issued with penalty notices
- 1 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 2 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 3 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 4 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 5 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 6 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 7 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
*Two abandoned vehicles have been identified and scheduled for removal
*Three warnings have been issued to homes and businesses for highways obstructions
*One business has been referred to the Food Agency
*One person has been issued with a fixed penalty fine for littering
*One site of graffiti has been identified for cleaning
*Two streets have been given extra clearing
*Two homes have been warned about overgrown hedges
*Three homes have been warned about domestic waste bins
Residents, homes and businesses in the operation zone are being leafleted to make them aware that enforcement action is taking place.