Operation Ohio: Over 100 homes in Upton Park told to deal with garden waste
Waste has turned out to be a major target in Upton Park during Operation Ohio as over 100 homes have been warned to clear up their front gardens and 15 incidents of fly-tipping have been identified since this morning.
Council officers and police have teamed up to enforce phase three of Operation Ohio - placing officers on the streets while conducting a series of searches and raids to tackle crime in a specific area.
Over the next 48 hours, high visibility patrols will be in the Upton Park area closing down local firms who are breaching their license terms, seizing illegal or counterfeit goods, and issuing a number of enforcement notices for antisocial behaviour and environment issues.
These are the results so far:
*109 homes have been warned to deal with waste in front gardens
You may also want to watch:
*15 incidents of fly tipping have been identified for clearing
*Three untaxed vehicles have been identified and issued with penalty notices
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 Our planet is in a terrible place
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 7 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 West Ham assistant manager Alan Irvine backs Said Benrahma to end goal drought
*Two abandoned vehicles have been identified and scheduled for removal
*Three warnings have been issued to homes and businesses for highways obstructions
*One business has been referred to the Food Agency
*One person has been issued with a fixed penalty fine for littering
*One site of graffiti has been identified for cleaning
*Two streets have been given extra clearing
*Two homes have been warned about overgrown hedges
*Three homes have been warned about domestic waste bins
Residents, homes and businesses in the operation zone are being leafleted to make them aware that enforcement action is taking place.