Operation Ohio: Over 100 homes in Upton Park told to deal with garden waste
Waste has turned out to be a major target in Upton Park during Operation Ohio as over 100 homes have been warned to clear up their front gardens and 15 incidents of fly-tipping have been identified since this morning.
Council officers and police have teamed up to enforce phase three of Operation Ohio - placing officers on the streets while conducting a series of searches and raids to tackle crime in a specific area.
Over the next 48 hours, high visibility patrols will be in the Upton Park area closing down local firms who are breaching their license terms, seizing illegal or counterfeit goods, and issuing a number of enforcement notices for antisocial behaviour and environment issues.
These are the results so far:
*109 homes have been warned to deal with waste in front gardens
You may also want to watch:
*15 incidents of fly tipping have been identified for clearing
*Three untaxed vehicles have been identified and issued with penalty notices
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
*Two abandoned vehicles have been identified and scheduled for removal
*Three warnings have been issued to homes and businesses for highways obstructions
*One business has been referred to the Food Agency
*One person has been issued with a fixed penalty fine for littering
*One site of graffiti has been identified for cleaning
*Two streets have been given extra clearing
*Two homes have been warned about overgrown hedges
*Three homes have been warned about domestic waste bins
Residents, homes and businesses in the operation zone are being leafleted to make them aware that enforcement action is taking place.