Jailed: Thug who stabbed female worker inside Canning Town Job Centre
- Credit: Archant
A knife-wielding thug who stormed into a Job Centre in Canning Town and stabbed a worker has been jailed for eight years.
Erion Hoxha, 35, of Glenister Street, North Woolwich, was brandishing a 20cm knife when he entered the branch in Freemasons Road, and started shouting threats on April 4 last year.
As security guards tried to restrain him he lunged at a female worker in her 20s and stabbed her.
He also tried to stab a second worker before police arrived at the scene and Tasered him after he refused to drop his weapon.
The stabbed worker was rushed to hospital with minor injuries and discharged the following day.
You may also want to watch:
Five days before the knife attack Hoxha had entered the same branch and caused a scene.
He admitted grievous bodily harm - wounding with intent, criminal damage, possession of a knife in a public place and assault.
- 1 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 2 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 3 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
He also pleaded guilty to affray in connection with the first incident.
Yesterday at Snaresbrook Crown Court he was jailed for eight years with an extra four years on licence.
Det Con Chloe Angris, of the North East Command Unit, said: “This was a terrifying incident for everyone present at the Job Centre that day, not least the victim who Hoxha indiscriminately stabbed.
“It is fortunate that the victim did not suffer serious injury, and the sentence handed down by the court reflects the severity of his crimes.”