No bail for East Ham man facing murder trial
A father-of-two accused of strangling his wife with a scarf has been refused bail at the Old Bailey.
Abdul Kadir, 45, is charged with the murder of 29-year-old Mumtahina Jannat in East Ham, on July 5.
Police were called to the couple’s home in Kempton Road at 1pm to find she had a scarf wrapped around her throat.
A post-mortem revealed cause of death as asphyxia and compression of the neck.
Kadir was refused bail and remanded in custody.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to reappear in court September.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 8 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 9 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings