No bail for East Ham man facing murder trial
A father-of-two accused of strangling his wife with a scarf has been refused bail at the Old Bailey.
Abdul Kadir, 45, is charged with the murder of 29-year-old Mumtahina Jannat in East Ham, on July 5.
Police were called to the couple’s home in Kempton Road at 1pm to find she had a scarf wrapped around her throat.
A post-mortem revealed cause of death as asphyxia and compression of the neck.
Kadir was refused bail and remanded in custody.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to reappear in court September.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 5 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 9 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing