No bail for East Ham man facing murder trial
A father-of-two accused of strangling his wife with a scarf has been refused bail at the Old Bailey.
Abdul Kadir, 45, is charged with the murder of 29-year-old Mumtahina Jannat in East Ham, on July 5.
Police were called to the couple’s home in Kempton Road at 1pm to find she had a scarf wrapped around her throat.
A post-mortem revealed cause of death as asphyxia and compression of the neck.
Kadir was refused bail and remanded in custody.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to reappear in court September.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
- 10 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford